Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > File Re-installation

File Re-installation

Ken

How do I re-install file 'C\:WINDOWS\IEDLL.EXE' which is said to be
corrupt.
Plain non-tech language please.
THANKS
KEN

Liz

"Ken" wrote
> How do I re-install file 'C\:WINDOWS\IEDLL.EXE' which is said to be
> corrupt.
> Plain non-tech language please.

Go here for instructions.
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/darnit_2.htm#iedll

You should munge your e-mail address.
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

Buffalo

"Ken" ...
> How do I re-install file 'C\:WINDOWS\IEDLL.EXE' which is said to be
> corrupt.
> Plain non-tech language please.
> THANKS
> KEN

This is a partial COPY of a post by PA Bear:

"Read the latest about this constantly changing hijacker:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/newslette...ves/0903/3.php

A Removal Tool: CWS Shredder
(unzip and follow the prompts)

NB: CWS Shredder is constantly updated to reflect new variants. Get the
updated tool before each use.

So it doesn't come back, you must run HijackThis which will identify the
RunOnce entry which can then be deleted.

e.g.: O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [win32] c:\program files\winsrv32.exe

Using HijackThis: http://snurl.com/1vf8

Make certain your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date and run a full
system scan frequently (always after downloading new definitions).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)"

Buffalo