Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Trying to use Outlook for mail insted of Outlook Express

Trying to use Outlook for mail insted of Outlook Express

billyboy

I set Outlook as my default mail program, NOT Outlook Express, but my mail
still keeps going to OE. Can anyone help?

Ionizer

"billyboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I set Outlook as my default mail program, NOT Outlook Express, but my mail
> still keeps going to OE. Can anyone help?

Tell OE not to download email messages: Tools|Options - General tab. In the
area "Send/Receive Messages," un-check "Check for new messages every x
minute(s)"

HTH,
Ian.

Computer Guy

Hello,
This is very easy to correct.
Start Outlook Express. If you are not prompted to allow it to be the default
e-mail client,
go to tools | Options and make it the default.
Close Outlook Express and Start Outlook, it will immediately tell you it is
not the default e-mail
program and ask you if you would like it to be the default. Answer YES!
Problem Solved.
DennisC

"billyboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I set Outlook as my default mail program, NOT Outlook Express, but my mail
> still keeps going to OE. Can anyone help?

rifleman

says...
> I set Outlook as my default mail program, NOT Outlook Express, but my mail
> still keeps going to OE. Can anyone help?

Don't start OE!