Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Windows Installer for Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition...

Re: Windows Installer for Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition...

Jerry G.

Clear DayTake Note: Please do not use full HTML postings with
backgrounds and ect. This causes problems for some users, and makes for
larger file sizes, even though it looks very nice. Many users will not
even bother to read or answer an email with this type of format.

Did you try to check out the MS knowledge base about this? It sounds
like something with the install dll's are not right, or the routine
itself is missing or corrupted. It is possible that you installed a
software that was not written properly, and over-wrote some of the
required dll's. I have seen this a few times before.

You can try to reinstall the operating system, if all else fails. Take
care about what you download.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"Brendon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:S%g6b.14018$(E-Mail Removed)...
Error Message.
When I try to install programs built by Microsoft an error message
appears with something like 'cannot install,this may occur if you are
running in safe mode or if windows installer is not correctly install'.
Not only can't I install I cannot uninstall or change programs. If
anyone knows how to get windows installer for 'Microsoft windows xp home
edition. Please tell me. (Do NOT send as attachment). This really
affects what I can do on my computer. I only can install programs which
don't need windows installer, but of course them programs cannot be made
like Microsoft can they. I will be grateful if someone can advise me how
to get windows installer.
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)8.com
Thank you