Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HELP PLZZZ All my desktop items no longer on desktop

HELP PLZZZ All my desktop items no longer on desktop

cover_collector

hi elier today all my desktop items dissappeared , i have tried the obvious like restore point and turning of & rebooting
they are all in the correct folder ie
C:\Documents and Settings\jason fairchild\Desktop
i don't know what else i can do... to restore them ... i can't add any new ones either
well i can but they don't show on the desktop either any help offered will be appreciated immensly
i run WIN XP PRO on an athlon thunderbird 850mhz chip
the only new thing i have installed is ICQ but i have gone back to an earlier restore point to overcome that problem with no success
thx 4 reading this prob ......
Cover_Collector

\(\(\(\(\(\(\(\(\(\(0\)\)\)\)\)\)\)\)\)\)

cover_collector wrote:
>> hi elier today all my desktop items dissappeared , i have tried
>> the obvious like restore point and turning of & rebooting they are
>> all in the correct folder ie C:\Documents and Settings\jason
>> fairchild\Desktop i don't know what else i can do... to restore
>> them ... i can't add any new ones either well i can but they don't
>> show on the desktop either any help offered will be appreciated
>> immensly i run WIN XP PRO on an athlon thunderbird 850mhz chip the
>> only new thing i have installed is ICQ but i have gone back to an
>> earlier restore point to overcome that problem with no success thx
>> 4 reading this prob ...... Cover_Collector

right click your desktop and select properties\Web\
& take any tick out of: "view my active desktop as a WebPage"

(just in case you put a tick in it or someone else did !)

because if you have also got the option selected to:
hide my Desktop Icons when viewed as a webPage

selected else where, then all your Icons will disappear !!!

(Im on Windows98 myself)
so it maybe a different path to your options ?
Mines titled: Display Properties

If it turns out to be that simple you'll be laughing soon.

If not I wish you luck...

Boomer

((((((((((0)))))))))) wrote:

Change your posting name. That one is giving me a ****ing headache.

\(\(\(\(\(\(\(\(\(\(0\)\)\)\)\)\)\)\)\)\)

Boomer wrote:
>> ((((((((((0)))))))))) wrote:
>>
>> Change your posting name. That one is giving me a ****ing headache.

That's what the aspirin's in the middle !!!

Liz

"((((((((((0))))))))))" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Boomer wrote:
> >>
> >> Change your posting name. That one is giving me a ****ing headache.

> That's what the aspirin's in the middle !!!

You should always take two, that *one* is for the feet.

Help me out plzzz biplab C Programming 2 09-14-2008 03:18 AM
i need help doing some question very very urgent plzzz vhdl124 VHDL 1 04-28-2008 01:06 AM
Comand Promt Not Working plzzz help Mvp2713 General Computer Support 1 08-11-2007 04:55 AM
ideas or work plzzz shiv Java 23 03-17-2006 02:30 AM

Advertisments