Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Getting rid of Global Finder Search Engine

Getting rid of Global Finder Search Engine

Boomer

Lorac said:

> Some how Global Finder is the only search engine and IE will not
> let me customize any other search engine.
>
> How do I get IE back to the way it was originally?

Hi

Sorry I can't help with your problem.

It may take a month until someone can answer you though.

Please adjust your Clock/Time Zone settings?
You are posting from the future. One month in the future.

For Windows :
1. Double click the time in the lower right corner of the system
tray.
2. In the dialog box that pops up select the *Time Zone* tab.
3. Use the drop down menu to select the correct entry for "your" TIME
ZONE.
Check "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes
4. Also, Check the box marked Daylight Savings Time.
5. Then click OK to save it.

~Further information at the site below.~
http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

Thank You Very Much

Boomer

Lorac said:

> Some how Global Finder is the only search engine and IE will not
> let me customize any other search engine.
>
> How do I get IE back to the way it was originally?

Hi again

Just did a quick search.

Found this about Global-Finder (toward bottom of the page).

---> Install, at least, the first three.
Check for updates weekly and use often.

Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
security/privacy issues.
http://security.kolla.de/

Spyware Blaster

http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

Info on above and more.

~ Spyware Information ~
http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

--Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

--Other software--
http://www.wilders.org/

Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

HTH

Billy

Hey Boomer,
Just have to say thanks for being Boomer despite all the crap thrown
your way.
Stay strong, most of us appreciate your efforts.

"Boomer" <Boomer__.Baby_@.mailinator.com> wrote in message
news:3f563b17$0$51606$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> Lorac said:
>
> > Some how Global Finder is the only search engine and IE will not
> > let me customize any other search engine.
> >
> > How do I get IE back to the way it was originally?

> Hi again
>
> Just did a quick search.
>
> Found this about Global-Finder (toward bottom of the page).
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html
>

> ---> Install, at least, the first three.
> Check for updates weekly and use often.
>
> Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
>
> SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
> security/privacy issues.
> http://security.kolla.de/
>
> Spyware Blaster
>
> A-spy For trojans hiding in startup entries.
> http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html
>
> Info on above and more.
> http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/spyware.htm
>
> ~ Spyware Information ~
> http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm
>
> --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
> http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/
>
> --Other software--
> http://www.wilders.org/
>
> Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware
>
> HTH

Boomer

Billy said:

> Hey Boomer,
> Just have to say thanks for being Boomer despite all the crap
> thrown your way.
> Stay strong, most of us appreciate your efforts.

Thank you, Billy.

And thank you for your help too!

> "Boomer" <Boomer__.Baby_@.mailinator.com> wrote in message
> news:3f563b17$0$51606$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> Lorac said:
>>
>> > Some how Global Finder is the only search engine and IE will
>> > not let me customize any other search engine.
>> >
>> > How do I get IE back to the way it was originally?

>> Hi again
>>
>> Just did a quick search.
>>
>> Found this about Global-Finder (toward bottom of the page).
>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html

[snip]

bb3

"Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FJt5b.8595$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Hey Boomer,
> Just have to say thanks for being Boomer despite all the crap thrown
> your way.
> Stay strong, most of us appreciate your efforts.

Agreed!

> "Boomer" <Boomer__.Baby_@.mailinator.com> wrote in message
> news:3f563b17$0$51606$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> > Lorac said:

Boomer

bb3 said:

> "Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FJt5b.8595$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
>> Hey Boomer,
>> Just have to say thanks for being Boomer despite all the crap
>> thrown your way.
>> Stay strong, most of us appreciate your efforts.

> Agreed!

<blush>

Thanks, bb3.

And much thanks for your help too!!

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

>> "Boomer" <Boomer__.Baby_@.mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> news:3f563b17$0$51606$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> > Lorac said:

bb3

"Boomer" <Boomer__Baby_@.mailinator.com> wrote in message
news:3f567404$0$51614$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> bb3 said:
>

> > "Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:FJt5b.8595$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> >> Hey Boomer,
> >> Just have to say thanks for being Boomer despite all the crap
> >> thrown your way.
> >> Stay strong, most of us appreciate your efforts.

> > Agreed!

> <blush>
>
> Thanks, bb3.
>
> And much thanks for your help too!!
>
> Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

You're welcome dear.

> >> "Boomer" <Boomer__.Baby_@.mailinator.com> wrote in message
> >> news:3f563b17$0$51606$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...

Bryan

"bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:whu5b.127330$(E-Mail Removed)
> "Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FJt5b.8595$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
>> Hey Boomer,
>> Just have to say thanks for being Boomer despite all the crap thrown
>> your way.
>> Stay strong, most of us appreciate your efforts.

> Agreed!

Most all of us!
Sod him, Ms B, sod him

>> "Boomer" <Boomer__.Baby_@.mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> news:3f563b17$0$51606$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>>> Lorac said:

Boomer

Bryan said:

> "bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:whu5b.127330$(E-Mail Removed)
>> "Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:FJt5b.8595$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
>>> Hey Boomer,
>>> Just have to say thanks for being Boomer despite all the crap
>>> thrown your way.
>>> Stay strong, most of us appreciate your efforts.

>> Agreed!

> Most all of us!
> Sod him, Ms B, sod him

Thank you, sweetie.

--
Check is in the mail!

Lorac

"cwshredder" did the job! The others did not help!
Thanks!