Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PcCard Winmodem not being recognized in XP

PcCard Winmodem not being recognized in XP

Kath

I am installing a USR-3056 56k pccard winmodem with the X-jack
connector into a Dell laptop. I can't for the life of me get it to be
recognized! Once I reboot, It doesn't "find new hardware". If I go
into modems and try to add it...I get to "have disk" and click and
browse for the cd...it continually returns to the "have disk" area.
Any ideas?
I'm pulling my hair out!
Thanks,

---

Boomer..

Kath wrote:
> I am installing a USR-3056 56k pccard winmodem with the X-jack
> connector into a Dell laptop. I can't for the life of me get it to be
> recognized! Once I reboot, It doesn't "find new hardware". If I go
> into modems and try to add it...I get to "have disk" and click and
> browse for the cd...it continually returns to the "have disk" area.
> Any ideas?
> I'm pulling my hair out!

Can't tell you much, but someone will be along shortly to offer advice. In
the meantime, you might like to look for earlier posts on the same subject.
And as for posting, whatever you do, don't post in HTML. And if you want to
post test messages, please use a TEST group.

alt.test --------------------------------->
misc.test ------------------------------>
za.test --------------------------------->

The purpose of test newsgroups is to allow users to test
their news software and servers without annoying others.

FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

Thank You

William Poaster

This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on 3 Sep 2003 04:44:47 +0200,
the troll posing as Boomer.. uttered this:

>Kath wrote:
>> I am installing a USR-3056 56k pccard winmodem with the X-jack
>> connector into a Dell laptop. I can't for the life of me get it to be
>> recognized! Once I reboot, It doesn't "find new hardware". If I go
>> into modems and try to add it...I get to "have disk" and click and
>> browse for the cd...it continually returns to the "have disk" area.
>> Any ideas?
>> I'm pulling my hair out!

<snip>
IGNORE the troll posing as Boomer, & posting from one of these
anonymous remailers:-

The REAL Boomer posts from:-

Pros & Cons: USB WiFi vs. PCcard adapters in LAPTOPS TBerk Wireless Networking 3 10-07-2006 05:12 PM
intel 537 winmodem bailey1396 VOIP 6 02-23-2006 04:17 AM
Virtual WinModem to send DATA using your VoIP service xavierdaull@gmail.com VOIP 0 01-08-2006 11:41 PM
Virtual WinModem to send DATA using your VoIP service xavierdaull@gmail.com UK VOIP 0 01-08-2006 11:41 PM
PcCard Winmodem not being recognized in XP Kath Computer Support 3 09-03-2003 05:39 PM

Advertisments