Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I print IE5 favs foldere content

How do I print IE5 favs foldere content

Steve 'Wacko'

I am trying to organise the IE 5 favs folders......I have saved so many
sites in my favs that they need a serious clear out. I s there anyway I can
printout all the webpage titles so I can go through them one by one..

Thanks in Aadvance

Steve

--
----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

°Mike°

Open a DOS box and type:

dir /s /b /on c:\windows\favori~1 >c:\windows\desktop\favs.txt

You will then get a text file (favs.txt) on you desktop with a listing
of your favorites, which you can load into your favourite text editor,
or word processor, for viewing/printing.

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:09:42 +0100, in
<bj30li$fq8$(E-Mail Removed)>
Steve 'Wacko' scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Steve 'Wacko'

cheers Mike......again...)

--
----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------
> Open a DOS box and type:
>
> dir /s /b /on c:\windows\favori~1 >c:\windows\desktop\favs.txt
>
> You will then get a text file (favs.txt) on you desktop with a listing
> of your favorites, which you can load into your favourite text editor,
> or word processor, for viewing/printing.
>

> On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:09:42 +0100, in
> <bj30li$fq8$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Steve 'Wacko' scrawled:
>
> >I am trying to organise the IE 5 favs folders......I have saved so many
> >sites in my favs that they need a serious clear out. I s there anyway I

can
> >printout all the webpage titles so I can go through them one by one..
> >
> >Thanks in Aadvance
> >
> >Steve

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:03:07 +0100, in
<bj33pt$k6g$(E-Mail Removed)>
Steve 'Wacko' scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

NoOne

> Open a DOS box and type:
>
> dir /s /b /on c:\windows\favori~1 >c:\windows\desktop\favs.txt
>
> You will then get a text file (favs.txt) on you desktop with a listing
> of your favorites, which you can load into your favourite text editor,
> or word processor, for viewing/printing.

Great tip there Mike! Can you tell me though, when using Win XP does the
folder 'desktop' already exist inside the c:\windows folder, or does the
above command create it? I just used your tip, but don't know if I should
delete the 'new' windows folder!
Apart from the favs.txt file, it's empty btw!
Thanks!
Geo.

°Mike°

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:37:46 +0100, in
<vZ85b.686$(E-Mail Removed)>
NoOne scrawled:

>> Open a DOS box and type:
>>
>> dir /s /b /on c:\windows\favori~1 >c:\windows\desktop\favs.txt
>>
>> You will then get a text file (favs.txt) on you desktop with a listing
>> of your favorites, which you can load into your favourite text editor,
>> or word processor, for viewing/printing.

>Great tip there Mike! Can you tell me though, when using Win XP does the
>folder 'desktop' already exist inside the c:\windows folder, or does the
>above command create it? I just used your tip, but don't know if I should
>delete the 'new' windows folder!
>Apart from the favs.txt file, it's empty btw!
>Thanks!
>Geo.

No. You need to alter the path/s to suit your XP installation.
The OP was using OE5, so it was a good bet he wasn't using
Windows XP.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Sentient Fluid

"NoOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vZ85b.686$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Open a DOS box and type:
> >
> > dir /s /b /on c:\windows\favori~1 >c:\windows\desktop\favs.txt
> >
> > You will then get a text file (favs.txt) on you desktop with a listing
> > of your favorites, which you can load into your favourite text editor,
> > or word processor, for viewing/printing.

> Great tip there Mike! Can you tell me though, when using Win XP does the
> folder 'desktop' already exist inside the c:\windows folder, or does the
> above command create it? I just used your tip, but don't know if I should
> delete the 'new' windows folder!
> Apart from the favs.txt file, it's empty btw!
> Thanks!
> Geo.

For XP the Desktop folder defaults to

C:\Documents and Settings\USERPROFILE\Desktop

Where USERPROFILE is replaced by the exact user name used to log on. If you
aren't sure what it is, it should be at the top of the window that pops up
when you click on your Start button.