Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PcCard Winmodem not being recognized in XP

Reply
Thread Tools

PcCard Winmodem not being recognized in XP

 
 
Kath
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2003
I am installing a USR-3056 56k pccard winmodem with the X-jack
connector into a Dell laptop. I can't for the life of me get it to be
recognized! Once I reboot, It doesn't "find new hardware". If I go
into modems and try to add it...I get to "have disk" and click and
browse for the cd...it continually returns to the "have disk" area.
Any ideas?
I'm pulling my hair out!
Thanks,
Kath
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2003
Are you pointing the wizard to the new *.inf file?


On 2 Sep 2003 12:14:06 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
Kath scrawled:

>I am installing a USR-3056 56k pccard winmodem with the X-jack
>connector into a Dell laptop. I can't for the life of me get it to be
>recognized! Once I reboot, It doesn't "find new hardware". If I go
>into modems and try to add it...I get to "have disk" and click and
>browse for the cd...it continually returns to the "have disk" area.
>Any ideas?
>I'm pulling my hair out!
>Thanks,
>Kath


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kath
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2003
Yes and the cdrom stirs and then it goes back to the "have disk" selection
again without any models appearing in the window.

--
Kath
"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f5d0ebe.16011942@localhost...
> Are you pointing the wizard to the new *.inf file?
>
>
> On 2 Sep 2003 12:14:06 -0700, in
> <(E-Mail Removed) >
> Kath scrawled:
>
> >I am installing a USR-3056 56k pccard winmodem with the X-jack
> >connector into a Dell laptop. I can't for the life of me get it to be
> >recognized! Once I reboot, It doesn't "find new hardware". If I go
> >into modems and try to add it...I get to "have disk" and click and
> >browse for the cd...it continually returns to the "have disk" area.
> >Any ideas?
> >I'm pulling my hair out!
> >Thanks,
> >Kath

>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.514 / Virus Database: 312 - Release Date: 8/29/2003


 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2003
Then it sounds like you don't have the correct drivers.


On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:24:48 GMT, in
<Ari5b.17655$(E-Mail Removed) k.net>
Kath scrawled:

>Yes and the cdrom stirs and then it goes back to the "have disk" selection
>again without any models appearing in the window.
>
>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:3f5d0ebe.16011942@localhost...
>> Are you pointing the wizard to the new *.inf file?
>>
>>
>> On 2 Sep 2003 12:14:06 -0700, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed) >
>> Kath scrawled:
>>
>> >I am installing a USR-3056 56k pccard winmodem with the X-jack
>> >connector into a Dell laptop. I can't for the life of me get it to be
>> >recognized! Once I reboot, It doesn't "find new hardware". If I go
>> >into modems and try to add it...I get to "have disk" and click and
>> >browse for the cd...it continually returns to the "have disk" area.
>> >Any ideas?
>> >I'm pulling my hair out!
>> >Thanks,
>> >Kath


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pros & Cons: USB WiFi vs. PCcard adapters in LAPTOPS TBerk Wireless Networking 3 10-07-2006 05:12 PM
intel 537 winmodem bailey1396 VOIP 6 02-23-2006 04:17 AM
Virtual WinModem to send DATA using your VoIP service xavierdaull@gmail.com VOIP 0 01-08-2006 11:41 PM
Virtual WinModem to send DATA using your VoIP service xavierdaull@gmail.com UK VOIP 0 01-08-2006 11:41 PM
PcCard Winmodem not being recognized in XP Kath Computer Support 2 09-03-2003 09:51 AM



Advertisments