Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > computer turns itself off

computer turns itself off

JAMFREAK

I'm dialing up to the Internet thru a phone-modem.
20-30 seconds after I connect I'm receiving an error message 'that my
computer gets ready to turn itself off because the RPC (Remote Procedure
Call) terminated unexpectedly.
HELP??????????

Chad Williams

Sounds like you got the Blaster worm, download the fixblast.exe and install
the patch from microsoft and you should be fine.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

Chad

"JAMFREAK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bj0tet$dtll7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I'm dialing up to the Internet thru a phone-modem.
> 20-30 seconds after I connect I'm receiving an error message 'that my
> computer gets ready to turn itself off because the RPC (Remote Procedure
> Call) terminated unexpectedly.
> HELP??????????

Thund3rstruck

JAMFREAK Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
in <bj0tet$dtll7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>:

> I'm dialing up to the Internet thru a phone-modem.
> 20-30 seconds after I connect I'm receiving an error message 'that
> my computer gets ready to turn itself off because the RPC (Remote
> Procedure Call) terminated unexpectedly.

You have the Blaster worm, or something similar to it...

www.symantec.com

Borrow a working computer, find their download tools, then download
the blaster fixer file and clean your infected one via their
instructions.

HTH

NOI