Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help, Newbie trying to create game after download

Help, Newbie trying to create game after download

Deerfern

Hi,

I am new and I am trying to learn so please if you would be kind I
would greatly appreciate your understanding.

I have downloaded several RAR, PAR, & SFV files. SFV says they are
fine, PAR says nothing is missing.

I loaded Power Archiver, and opened the Part01.RAR. There is one BIN &
one CUE file in it, called CDRWINXX.BIN and CDRWINXX.CUE.

When I hit extract, all files, it extracted all the RAR files (01,
02, etc), and I created them in a folder I created and called NEW.

In the NEW folder, it created 2 files, called CDRWINXX.CUE &
CDRWINXX.BIN. Funny thing, although it looked like it was combining
the RAR files, it is still the same size as the original Part01.RAR
file I saw to extract.

I have read all that I can seem to locate about downloading from
newservers. All I can find is how to create these files to upload,
which I haven't yet tried to do. (Nor do I think I am up to that
yet.) Right now, I need to figure out how to unencrypt the files I
downloaded, and see if they are useable, and once that is done, I can
figure out how to copy and upload my own files/games for every ones
use.

Please if someone can help me I would really appreciate it. If I have
not clarified properly please ask.

Best Regards,

Carol D.

gangle

Bin and cue files make an CD image for burning.
You can extract what's in the bin with Isobuster.
http://www.isobuster.com/ You can burn the
image to disc using different CD burner softwares,
such as CDRWIN. http://www.goldenhawk.com/

"Deerfern" wrote
> Hi,
>
> I am new and I am trying to learn so please if you would be kind I
> would greatly appreciate your understanding.
>
> I have downloaded several RAR, PAR, & SFV files. SFV says they are
> fine, PAR says nothing is missing.
>
> I loaded Power Archiver, and opened the Part01.RAR. There is one BIN &
> one CUE file in it, called CDRWINXX.BIN and CDRWINXX.CUE.
>
> When I hit extract, all files, it extracted all the RAR files (01,
> 02, etc), and I created them in a folder I created and called NEW.
>
> In the NEW folder, it created 2 files, called CDRWINXX.CUE &
> CDRWINXX.BIN. Funny thing, although it looked like it was combining
> the RAR files, it is still the same size as the original Part01.RAR
> file I saw to extract.
>
> I have read all that I can seem to locate about downloading from
> newservers. All I can find is how to create these files to upload,
> which I haven't yet tried to do. (Nor do I think I am up to that
> yet.) Right now, I need to figure out how to unencrypt the files I
> downloaded, and see if they are useable, and once that is done, I can
> figure out how to copy and upload my own files/games for every ones
> use.
>
> Please if someone can help me I would really appreciate it. If I have
> not clarified properly please ask.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Carol D.

ddrr

Cdrwin will help you burn a bin/cue. Or you can get Vcdgear and
instead of burning the bin/cue, it will "write" it to your harddrive
instead

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 01:39:44 GMT, Deerfern <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am new and I am trying to learn so please if you would be kind I
>would greatly appreciate your understanding.
>
>I have downloaded several RAR, PAR, & SFV files. SFV says they are
>fine, PAR says nothing is missing.
>
>I loaded Power Archiver, and opened the Part01.RAR. There is one BIN &
>one CUE file in it, called CDRWINXX.BIN and CDRWINXX.CUE.
>
> When I hit extract, all files, it extracted all the RAR files (01,
>02, etc), and I created them in a folder I created and called NEW.
>
>In the NEW folder, it created 2 files, called CDRWINXX.CUE &
>CDRWINXX.BIN. Funny thing, although it looked like it was combining
>the RAR files, it is still the same size as the original Part01.RAR
>file I saw to extract.
>
>I have read all that I can seem to locate about downloading from
>newservers. All I can find is how to create these files to upload,
>which I haven't yet tried to do. (Nor do I think I am up to that
>yet.) Right now, I need to figure out how to unencrypt the files I
>downloaded, and see if they are useable, and once that is done, I can
>figure out how to copy and upload my own files/games for every ones
>use.
>
>Please if someone can help me I would really appreciate it. If I have
>not clarified properly please ask.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Carol D.

HamMan

"Deerfern" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am new and I am trying to learn so please if you would be kind I
> would greatly appreciate your understanding.
>
> I have downloaded several RAR, PAR, & SFV files. SFV says they are
> fine, PAR says nothing is missing.
>
> I loaded Power Archiver, and opened the Part01.RAR. There is one BIN &
> one CUE file in it, called CDRWINXX.BIN and CDRWINXX.CUE.
>
> When I hit extract, all files, it extracted all the RAR files (01,
> 02, etc), and I created them in a folder I created and called NEW.
>
> In the NEW folder, it created 2 files, called CDRWINXX.CUE &
> CDRWINXX.BIN. Funny thing, although it looked like it was combining
> the RAR files, it is still the same size as the original Part01.RAR
> file I saw to extract.
>
> I have read all that I can seem to locate about downloading from
> newservers. All I can find is how to create these files to upload,
> which I haven't yet tried to do. (Nor do I think I am up to that
> yet.) Right now, I need to figure out how to unencrypt the files I
> downloaded, and see if they are useable, and once that is done, I can
> figure out how to copy and upload my own files/games for every ones
> use.
>
> Please if someone can help me I would really appreciate it. If I have
> not clarified properly please ask.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Carol D.

You could try clonecd's virtual cd drive(www.elby.com i think), to see if
the game actually works before you burn it to CD