Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how do you turn a rar/par file into something useable?

how do you turn a rar/par file into something useable?

ddrr

°Mike°

Please ask your question in the body, not the subject line.

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:28:21 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
ddrr scrawled:

<nothing>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jimmy Dean

You have to download all the RARs available plus the number of PARs to
make up the full number in the set. Then run something like SmartPAR
with "recover files" enabled. SmartPAR will check all the files, then
if they are valid, will recreate the missing RARs.

Like Magic, eh?

jd

d.c.

www.rarsoft.com

HTH

--

Snoop Dogg: Diary of a Pimp
http://tinyurl.com/9v29

ddrr

That was the easy part - it was what to do with the files after they
were checked and verified. I finally got a program called Power
Archiver (it was suggested here) that turned them into useable files.
thanks for everyones help