Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE removed an unsafe attatchment in my e-mail

OE removed an unsafe attatchment in my e-mail

Andrew Mott

Can anyone help please. When i recieve an attatchment to most e-mails it
says 'OE removed unsafe attatchment' I know the content is safe because i
sent it from a secure source myself!
Firstly what is OE, and is there a way to adjust this annoying me further?
Regards
Andy

Steven Pilbeam

"Andrew Mott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5kL4b.20409$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone help please. When i recieve an attatchment to most e-mails

it
> says 'OE removed unsafe attatchment' I know the content is safe

because i
> sent it from a secure source myself!
> Firstly what is OE, and is there a way to adjust this annoying me

further?
> Regards
> Andy

OE=Outlook Express (The program you are using !!)

In Outlook Express > Tools > Options > Security (tab) the user must
un-check the option to not open or save potentially harmful attachments.

Ionizer

"Andrew Mott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5kL4b.20409$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone help please. When i recieve an attatchment to most e-mails it
> says 'OE removed unsafe attatchment' I know the content is safe because i
> sent it from a secure source myself!
> Firstly what is OE, and is there a way to adjust this annoying me further?
> Regards
> Andy

"Firstly," OE is an email/newsgroup reader. It's short for "Outlook
Express." It's a Microsoft product. You just used it to post your
question.

Tools|Options|Security tab: un-check "Do not allow attachments to be saved
or opened...."

Regards,
Ian.

anthonyberet

Andrew Mott wrote:
> Can anyone help please. When i recieve an attatchment to most e-mails
> it says 'OE removed unsafe attatchment' I know the content is safe
> because i sent it from a secure source myself!
> Firstly what is OE, and is there a way to adjust this annoying me
> further? Regards

To be honest, if you are too stupid to look in your options and change this
setting you are a danger to yourself and others if you are able to open
attachments. Leave it alone, just manage without attachments.
bounce.
anthonyberet

stephen

If everyone balked at asking a question, that they might think stupid, or is
admonished for asking a question, which some jerk( that's you) thinks is
stupid, laziness,etc: there would be no news groups for you to display your
arrogance!
"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bj00hi$dpbt3$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Andrew Mott wrote:
> > Can anyone help please. When i recieve an attatchment to most e-mails
> > it says 'OE removed unsafe attatchment' I know the content is safe
> > because i sent it from a secure source myself!
> > Firstly what is OE, and is there a way to adjust this annoying me
> > further? Regards

> To be honest, if you are too stupid to look in your options and change

this
> setting you are a danger to yourself and others if you are able to open
> attachments. Leave it alone, just manage without attachments.
> --
> Put "usenet" in the subject-line if you want to mail me, otherwise it will
> bounce.
> anthonyberet

Brendon

Don't worry, It happens to a lot of people, including me. I have to access
the attachment by logging on to webmail via the blueyonder website. And OE I
am not sure but I think it is something meaning something for example: MB
meaning Megabyte, GB meaning Gigabyte, OS meaning the version of your
computer, ect.

"Andrew Mott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5kL4b.20409$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone help please. When i recieve an attatchment to most e-mails it
> says 'OE removed unsafe attatchment' I know the content is safe because i
> sent it from a secure source myself!
> Firstly what is OE, and is there a way to adjust this annoying me further?
> Regards
> Andy

HamMan

and the winner of the dumbass of the year award is..."Brendon"...

> Don't worry, It happens to a lot of people, including me. I have to access
> the attachment by logging on to webmail via the blueyonder website. And OE

> am not sure but I think it is something meaning something for example: MB
> meaning Megabyte, GB meaning Gigabyte, OS meaning the version of your
> computer, ect.

do yourself a favour and dont listen to this retard

Raine

OE is Outlook Express.
To read those attachments ...Tools/Options/Security ... Uncheck ... Do
not allow attachments...
Also make sure your setting in Tools/Options/Security is set to Internet
Zone ...
Raine.

"Andrew Mott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5kL4b.20409$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone help please. When i recieve an attatchment to most e-mails

it
> says 'OE removed unsafe attatchment' I know the content is safe

because i
> sent it from a secure source myself!
> Firstly what is OE, and is there a way to adjust this annoying me

further?
> Regards
> Andy

Ionizer

"Raine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsBP4b.3$(E-Mail Removed)...

> OE is Outlook Express.
> To read those attachments ...Tools/Options/Security ... Uncheck ... Do
> not allow attachments...
> Also make sure your setting in Tools/Options/Security is set to Internet
> Zone ...
> Raine.

No, set it to "Restricted Sites" zone!

Play safe,
Ian.

Raine

Can't comment on that, don't get mail with attachments so can't test it,
;o)
Raine.

news:bj0k4e$e74eh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...