Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Alien Society and the Abduction Phenomenon

Re: Alien Society and the Abduction Phenomenon

Shadow

"Sir Arthur C. B. E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:YB24b.18037$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alien Society and the Abduction Phenomenon by David M. Jacobs
>
> Speculating about the inner workings of alien society has always been the
> special preserve of philosophers, science-fiction authors, and

scriptwriters for
> motion pictures and television dramas. Their fanciful depictions are

usually
> imaginative projections derived from their personal upbringings, their

creative
> powers, and the societies and technological cultures in which they have

lived.

> These representations have been fascinating, frightening, and

entertaining. For
> the audiences, their plots' fictional genesis has never been in question.

The
> discourse between the audience and the inventor has been an agreed upon

fiction
> in which aliens are portrayed according to cultural norms of the times.

Aliens
> are benevolent and have come to help humans, aliens are malevolent and

have come
> to take over and/or destroy human society, aliens have come to share in

human
> society because of their own planetary problems, or aliens are angry at
> spacefaring humans whom they wish to destroy to protect themselves. These

ideas
> have permeated entertainment in the 20th century from the early pulp
> science-fiction magazines like Amazing Stories and Galaxy, to the first
> alien-themed movies of the early 1950s and to similar science-fiction

television
> shows of the 1950s and 1960s.
>
> Now, for the first time, another way of constructing an alien society has
> developed—one that may be fascinating, frightening, and even, on some

level,
> entertaining, but not necessarily fictional. I am, of course, referring to
> abductee descriptions of aliens and their interactions aboard UFOs. It is

from
> these descriptions that a picture of alien society can be drawn that

portrays a
> very different society than one based on culturally derived fictional
> representations.
>
> The new authors of these alien accounts are not, for the most part,

professional
> writers, producers, directors, actors, or others in the entertainment and
> literary industry. The vast majority of them are not prompted to fashion

their
> stories in the hopes of celebrity or remuneration. Often they are

reluctant
> storytellers who would sometimes prefer not to tell their accounts rather

than
> either to confront these stories consciously with their potential

psychological
> ramifications for the narrator, or to have to suffer the ridicule that

might
> result for themselves and their families if the stories were to become
> publicized. Indeed, many say they have had experiences that they remember

but
> have no desire to relate them to anyone.
>
> In spite of this, thousands of individuals have come forward to tell their
> private stories—although one suspects that the vast majority have not done

so
> even though they might want to because they have found no sympathetic and
> competent listeners. For the ones who have come forward, their narratives
> comprise an extraordinary body of evidence revealing a generally

consistent
> account of alien life that is on the one hand science-fiction like and on

the
> other hand original and ingenuous. The distinctiveness of these fantastic
> stories coupled with nonfiction makes them striking in their

verisimilitude.

> Of course, the evidence for their reality is largely anecdotal and often
> incomplete, and each account often presents more questions than it

answers, as
> is to be expected with new and still emerging data that have not yet been

fully
> analyzed. Using these accounts to generalize about the kind of society in

which
> extraterrestrials might dwell is obviously intellectually risky because

the
> information is so controversial. We are in the position of formulating
> hypotheses mainly on accounts derived from memory, often filtered through
> hypnosis usually administered by amateurs. It is difficult to imagine a

weaker
> form of evidence.
>
> Furthermore, abductees, from whose memory our knowledge of alien society

comes,
> will sometimes confabulate and relate events during their abductions that

either
> did not happen or happened in very different ways from the ones they

remember.
> Thus, using this information to construct an alien society is a difficult

and
> perhaps even pointless pursuit and presents the danger of being a unique

form of
> collective science fiction—perhaps a bizarre offshoot of the much-reviled
> collective-unconscious theory.
>
> In spite of these problems, the consistency of detail and of narrative

line, and
> the extraordinary circumstances in which these abductee stories are

fashioned
> add a sense of authenticity to them that cannot be matched by fiction

authors.
> With this information generalizations can be made, although partial, that

might
> give us a clearer view into the extraordinary world of alien society.
>
> According to my analysis of abductee testimony, the structure of alien

society,
> like any human society, is complex. Abductees describe a highly evolved

and
> advanced I technological society that gives the appearance of a smooth

running,
> hierarchical, technocratically ordered culture. The beings are obviously

very
> advanced technologically. This requires a mental capacity (either from
> biological manufacture or from evolution) commensurate with the ability to
> advance science and thus, in some respects, similar to that of humans.

Although
> their mental ability is on a par or even higher than humans, abductees

give no
> evidence to suggest that aliens' physiological mechanisms and the

processes
> within their anatomical and genetic make-up are the same as humans.
>
> Abductees have indicated that alien gross morphology is humanlike but

their
> appearance is nonetheless different. Several varieties of aliens appear to

be
> involved in the abduction phenomenon. The most common ones are the . gray

aliens
> who seemingly do the bulk of the abduction work. They come in two

varieties:
> small and taller. Abductees also report seeing reptilian beings, insect

beings,
> and human beings. Little is known about the reptilian-like beings, and I

have
> found their reporting to be less common than the other types. Human-like

beings
> are almost certainly adult hybrids, of which more will be said later.

Abductees
> indicate that the insect-like beings are taller than the other aliens and

at the
> top of a hierarchical structure of authority; they give orders, while all

others
> take them. For the purposes of this article, all aliens, except hybrids,

will be
> considered as one group.
>
> In spite of their anatomical and hierarchical differences, the beings all

have
> certain common and important ~ characteristics: They are all seen together

on
> board the same UFOs, they all do more or less the same procedures, and

most
> importantly, they all appear to be working together for the same goal.

Thus, one
> can surmise that they all come from the same society. But they have

another
> aspect in common that might help to define the society in which they

dwell: They
> all can communicate telepathically with each other and with abductees.
>
> TELEPATHIC COMMUNICATION
>
> Telepathic communication has been a more or less constant feature of the
> abduction phenomenon since the earliest investigations.
>
> Like all consistent aspects of the abduction phenomenon, this is

remarkable. One
> would expect that in a phenomenon derived from the human psyche, a wide

variety
> of communication styles would be reported, which most certainly would

involve
> verbal-aural communication emanating from the aliens' mouths, being heard
> through the abductees' ears, and vice versa. Sign language might be a

common
> feature of communication that deluded abductees would seize upon. However,

these
> more commonsensical reports are quite rare. In fact, the constancy of

reported
> telepathy for over 35 years from all over the world strongly suggests that

it is
> the normal mode of communication for all aliens and humans during

abduction
> events.
>
> Abductees inadvertently bolster the idea that telepathy is the main
> communication mode by providing indirect evidence that alien physiology is
> consistent with mental, rather than spoken, communication. Their

descriptions
> indicate that insect aliens have no noticeable mouths or noses, making the
> aspiration of air difficult if not impossible. The more commonly reported

small
> and tall gray aliens appear to have mouth-like structures with no tongues

or
> teeth. Aliens do not use these structures for sound formation, and the

mouths
> are almost always closed. There is little evidence that their jaws open

and
> close (or, indeed, that they have jaws). Although some abductees report

that
> their mouths are open in a fashion, these accounts are rare, and because

of the
> confabulation problem, one must be wary of them. Facial musculature, which

would
> allow for ~ expressiveness, is not reported.
>
> Finally, abductees do not report anything resembling a respiratory system,

nor
> do they describe any apparent larynx, esophagus, lung capacity, or

aspiration
> essential for sound formation for either the gray aliens or the insect

beings.
> On the receiving end of communication, the insect aliens do not have ears

or any
> apparent apparatuses for collecting sound waves. Abductees often see a

tiny hole
> where the ears should be on the gray aliens. If these are used for

receiving
> sound, they do not, at least on the surface, appear to be very

sophisticated
> organs.
>
> As can be expected, sounds emanating from the aliens are not reliably

reported
> in abduction reports. Without ears, one cannot know the extent to which

the
> aliens are capable of hearing. That they do hear something is possible

because
> they apparently discern the direction of communication. For example, when

an
> abductee physically creates a disturbance on board a UFO, it attracts the
> aliens' attention even when they were not originally looking at the

abductee,
> although it still is difficult to tell whether the ruckus mentally

attracts
> their attention or whether the physical commotion causes their notice.

Also,
> when an abductee speaks, the aliens will frequently turn and face the one

who is
> communicating. All of this, of course, might well be consistent with

telepathy,
> and whether the aliens have any sense of hearing is still unknown.
>
> Although telepathy is the main method of communication, abductees indicate

that
> the aliens have a written culture as well. For example, on board a UFO

abductees
> will sometimes see what appears to be reading material—books, papers, and

other
> graphical representations of language.
>
> They occasionally describe symbols on the walls and on various equipment

or
> machines. In some abductions, people have reported being required to

memorize a
> set of symbols, which they assume to be an alphabet or pictographs. Thus,
> although we cannot at this time know all that occurs within alien society,

it is
> difficult to imagine a technologically advanced society without a written

form
> of communication, and, at least for the purposes of their abduction

activity, it
> seems probable that aliens use primarily both a nonspoken and graphical

symbolic
> language for their communication.
>
> The reporting of the aliens' unique communication qualities is so

pervasive and
> consistent that any in-depth study of alien culture must assume that

telepathy
> is one of the most influential features. A culture's communication style
> profoundly influences the type of society in which its inhabitants live.

For
> example, tribal societies without written language rely heavily on memory,

oral
> tradition, storytelling, and demonstration to pass knowledge through the
> generations. As a consequence, historical memory plays a much more

important
> role in cultural transmission than it does in literate societies. Social
> relations are often organized around those special people who are

entrusted to
> keep the memory of the past. This may not be the case with alien culture,

but an
> examination of the effects of telepathy and its consequences might yield,

along
> with other known factors about their behavior, some insight into the kind

of
> society in which they live.
>
> ACTIVATING TELEPATHIC COMMUNICATION
>
> Researchers do not know how telepathic communication is activated between

humans
> and aliens. At least three scenarios are possible.
>
> The first suggests that each human has an innate physiological ability to
> communicate telepathically with other humans, and the aliens in some way

tap
> into that normally unused facility. In fact, it is not uncommon for

ordinary
> people to claim that they can read people's minds. Researchers engaged in
> testing whether extrasensory perception is genuine have long debated the
> existence of these abilities. So far the evidence, while suggestive, is
> inconclusive, and these claims have not been consistently validated. If

this
> ability is authentic and all humans share it even slightly, it would have

become
> a central feature of human thought, culture, and life. The profound effect

it
> would have had on almost all human relations would most certainly have

made
> human history radically different from what it has been. In fact, little
> evidence exists that every human has a biological ability to communicate
> telepathically. And the majority of humans do not claim to have innate
> telepathic powers. Therefore, telepathic communication is not and has not

been a
> valid and recognized form of human communication.
>
> If telepathy is not physiologically innate, a second scenario may apply:
> Abductee telepathy is artificially stimulated by neurological

manipulations
> and/or alterations. Thus, aliens provide humans with telepathic abilities

by
> biologically affecting permanent changes in brain chemistry. If this were

the
> case, one would expect that this telepathic ability would continue after
> abduction events. In fact, some abductees do claim this happens. They say

that
> after some abductions they have a gradually decreasing ability to read

people's
> minds for as long as two weeks afterward.
>
> Unfortunately, virtually no scientific studies have been mounted to

substantiate
> this, and the abductees have not checked with those people who are the

object of
> their mind reading to ascertain their accuracy. But even if this were

true, one
> would expect that telepathic abilities would last over the course of an
> abductee's lifetime and not exist only sporadically.
>
> It is, of course, possible that the biological changes causing telepathic
> capacity respond to stimuli only originating with alien causative factors.

This
> would mean that telepathy could be activated for an abduction event and

then
> deactivated after. If the deactivation is in some way incomplete, and a

residue
> of it lingers and wanes, abductees might gain a sense of telepathic
> communication with other humans in everyday life. This could explain the
> abductee reports of post-abduction teIepathic abdities.
>
> The third possibility for telepathic response is that it is caused by
> manufactured devices implanted into abductee brains. The implantation of

such a
> device might take place during infancy or early childhood. It could be

activated
> and deactivated automatically during an abduction. Sometimes these devices

might
> be faulty in some way and, like the faulty deactivation of biological

changes,
> cause the telepathic response to continue for a period after the

abduction.
> However, researchers have yet to discover any such implant in a

characteristic
> region of the brain, recover it, and then demonstrate its function.
>
> Whatever the causative factor, a form of telepathic communication starts

at the
> very beginning of virtually every abduction event. While it is not

necessarily
> converted into words, the abductees know what is conveyed to them. Aliens

can
> initiate this type of telepathic communication even before the abductees

see
> them. For example, abductees "know" that they must go to bed, get out of

bed, go
> downstairs, go outside, drive somewhere, stop the car, or do whatever

activities
> the nonverbal orders have them do so that the abduction can begin.
>
> It is important to understand that all reports of personally directed

telepathic
> communication between abductees and aliens from a great distance that are

not
> involved with abduction activity are usually examples of channeling. The
> evidence strongly suggests that aliens are not in communication with

abductees
> apart from abductions. Thus, accounts of people having personalized

dialogues in
> their normal environments with aliens on a continuing basis are to be

taken with
> extreme caution. In the same sense, "messages" to abductees should also be
> viewed with extreme skepticism.
>
> TELEPATHIC DEACTIVATION
>
> Telepathic communication is deactivated just as mysteriously as it begins.
> Abductees do not report procedures whereby the aliens cause telepathic
> communication to cease. If this were the case, researchers would be seeing

it at
> the end of every abduction event. Thus, the closest we can come to

understanding
> the origin of the implementation of telepathic communication in the

abductee is
> that it is the result of some sort of neurological engagement, artificial

or
> biological, with the aliens. It starts with the alteration of

consciousness and
> perception that engages neurologically at the beginning of all abduction

events
> and usually ends when the abduction is completed.
>
> ALIEN-TO-HUMAN COMMUNICATION
>
> When one asks abductees what they mean by "telepathic communication," they
> generally say that they receive an impression in their mind, which

automatically
> converts into words for comprehension. Reports from people of different
> nationalities indicate that the abductees convert telepathic communication

into
> whatever language they speak.
>
> Thus, and this is important in understanding the global nature of the
> phenomenon, the aliens circumvent the problem of having to communicate in

the
> vast variety of human languages. When in rare instances an abductee

reports that
> the telepathic communication he or she is receiving contains an "accent,"

one
> can surmise that this has more to do with the abductee's expectations than

with
> the reality of the situation (this observation my not apply to hybrid
> communication).
>
> One of the great problems encountered by abduction researchers is the way

in
> which abductees recount alien telepathic communication. Not only can it be

very
> difficult for abductees to remember exactly what has been "said," but
> remembrance is also complicated immeasurably by the problem of the

abductee
> deciding exactly where the communication originated. Many abductees

routinely
> mistake their own thoughts for thoughts put in their mind by the aliens.
>
> The question is, how does one distinguish between hearing impressions from

the
> aliens, or hearing one's own thoughts? This problem, akin to channeling,

has
> provided the rocks upon which many inexperienced abduction researchers

have
> foundered. Mistaking human thought for alien communication, researchers

have
> often developed poor and misleading data. Because of the human origination

of
> this communication, channeled messages of societal concern and benevolence

often
> make their way to the public and cause confusion among abductees and

researchers
> alike.
>
> Most of the time, abductees have no difficulty identifying and

understanding
> alien communication, although they often have problems describing

accurately
> that conversation for the researcher. Because of trouble converting the
> communication back to spoken or written language when remembering it, they
> generally add the phases, "or . something like that" and, "or words to

that
> effect," to indicate that they cannot translate the telepathic dialogue

with
> total accuracy. Therefore, some imprecision, at least in recall, might be

> somewhat constant feature of alien-to-human communication.
>
> Although the aliens are generally not forthcoming about their goals and
> purposes, in some instances conversations take place with abductees in

which the
> aliens are more substantive and focus on those issues. These conversations

are
> infrequent, but when they occur, they can be significant, giving insight

into
> the abduction program as a whole. However, the majority of the aliens'
> conversations with abductees are either directive or palliative. They tell

the
> abductee to remove his clothes, to get up on a table, to follow them, to

get
> dressed, that it is time to go, and so forth. They tell the abductee that

he
> will not be hurt, or that he will not be there long, that everything is

going to
> be all right, to calm down, and so forth.
>
> HUMAN-TO-ALIEN COMMUNICATION
>
> Humans communicate with aliens in much the same way as the aliens

communicate
> with them. Abductees report that they were unable to fashion words with

their
> mouths. They indicate that they were paralyzed and could not speak even if

they
> wanted to. Just as often they say that it does not even occur to them to

use
> their voices.
>
> But in order to engage aliens in conversation, they know that it must be
> accomplished from mind to mind. Usually, humans report communication with

aliens
> that relate to their situation on board the object: the purpose of

procedures
> administered to them, how long they will be there, and if others abducted

with
> them are all right. They might even ask general questions about the

purposes and
> meaning of the abduction program, although this is not usual.
>
> Asking questions, however, does not mean that the aliens will answer; the
> question does not necessarily provide psychological pressure for an alien

> answer. If they i answer at all, it is often with vague generalities.

Thus,
> responding to a question does not necessarily mean that valuable

information
> will be imparted, although it sometimes does occur.
>
> Although virtually all communication is telepathic, abductees report that

at
> times they find that they can verbalize. Usually this comes out in the

form of
> shouts, cries, moans, and other vocalizations. It is sometimes a shock for

an
> abductee to hear the silence pierced by the screams of another abductee on

board
> a UFO. Therefore, vocalization is possible at times, but word formation is

not.

> ALIEN-TO-ALIEN COMMUNICATION
>
> In order to develop and maintain a scientifically advanced society,
> alien-to-alien telepathic communication must, by logic and necessity, be
> precise. The aliens must be able to convey advanced scientific concepts

and
> mathematical equations on a sophisticated level. Accuracy, clarity, and
> flexibility in communication would be essential for their accomplishments.

Thus,
> sophisticated "intra-communication" between aliens is critical. And it

parallels
> the requisites that human languages possess.
>
> Aliens are often seen communicating with each other in private

conversation, and
> they are seen in group situations in which all participants are

communicating.
> How rich their communication skills are is unknown, but they are able to

convey
> all that is needed to create their civilization.
>
> The aliens' logical minds suggest that the interactions and thought

processes
> with abductees are quite similar to those of humans. We are able to

understand
> their commands, their desires, their motivations, and their procedures.

Most
> areas of alien life are still mysterious, but the evidence suggests that

given
> enough information, everything they do is amenable to human understanding,

both
> through direct communication with abductees and by deduction afterward by
> researchers.
>
> HUMAN-TO-HUMAN TELEPATHY
>
> Abductees can sometimes carry on conversations with other abductees whom

they
> encounter on board a UFO. Human-to-human communication can either be by
> telepathy or by voice. When talking to another human, the abductees do not
> consciously chose telepathy or voice. They simply do one or the other. Why
> humans can communicate aurally with one another is a mystery, given that

it is
> apparently very difficult in other abduction contexts. It is possible that

they
> only think they are talking normally but they are actually communicating
> telepathically.
>
> When humans converse with one another, their conversations typically often

focus
> on how they can escape from the UFO or what the aliens are going to do to

them.
> Often one abductee tries to calm or reassure other abductees, saying that

the
> aliens will not hurt them and they will be leaving soon.
>
> In effect, they do the aliens' work for them. Whether this is because of

alien
> design or because it stems from human compassion remains to be seen.

Although
> these types of conversation seem reasonable on the surface, in fact they

are
> somewhat frustrating for the researcher. Only rarely will the abductees

exchange
> their names and addresses.
>
> They seem unaware that they will most likely forget the experience

directly
> afterwards, and it does not occur to them that it might be important to

locate
> the person whom they saw on board for verification of their experience.

Much of
> this has to do with the aliens' abilities to neurologically alter the

mechanisms
> of memory and consciousness that is beyond the scope of this discussion.
>
> INDIRECT HUMAN-ALIEN TELEPATHY
>
> Frequently abductees report that they can tap into communication between

two or
> more aliens and between other humans and other aliens. Although it is

difficult
> for them to be precise about everything the aliens say, they generally
> comprehend the context of the discussions, which often involve mundane

exchanges
> about the best way to go about performing a procedure upon the abductee,

the
> nature of the next procedure to perform, or aspects of the abductee's
> physiology. Sometimes abductees can be quite specific, detailing what each

alien
> said. Therefore, aliens and humans in proximity to hear telepathic

communication
> can receive at least some of it. It is not known if the aliens can

privatize
> their communication by whispering or by in some way preventing others from
> hearing their thoughts.
>
> As yet, I and other researchers have found no evidence to suggest that

abductees
> can hear or monitor alien thought processes apart from those specifically
> employed for communication. They cannot listen in on the private mental

world of
> thoughts that the beings might possess. Abductees are unaware of the ideas

that
> lurk behind the aliens' conversations directed at them. Thus, the

abductees
> probably have only limited abilities to listen to the aliens' thoughts.

But
> testimony exists to suggest that the reverse might be true— aliens can
> understand what abductees are thinking privately.
>
> For example, when one abductee was forced to hold a hybrid baby, she

threatened
> to throw it to the floor. She said, however, that the aliens knew she did

not
> mean it. Similarly, when an abductee is worried about another family

member
> abducted with him, the aliens will tell him that the relative will be all

right,
> even though the abductee did not directly address the alien about his

fears.
> When abductees are becoming frightened just before a procedure is

administered,
> the aliens will sense the anxiety and take measures to calm him. Abductees
> appear not to have these abilities, and therefore the aliens might well

have
> stronger powers of telepathic communication than abductees possess.
>
> CONSEQUENCES OF ALIEN COMMUNICATION
>
> The evidence suggests at least two possible scenarios for the character of

alien
> society. The first is based on the idea of total telepathy: All aliens can
> monitor all other aliens' thoughts. There are no barriers or limitations.

The
> second is based on limited telepathy: Aliens can monitor only selected
> (filtered) thoughts. The second scenario suggests that the aliens have a

choice
> about whether or not they desire to have all thoughts open to monitoring.

The
> two scenarios reflect societies that might differ in the degree of

personal
> privacy allowed, but are nonetheless still extremely dissimilar to human
> cultures.
>
> The totally telepathic society, while having logic and rationality in

common
> with human societies, would, by ' necessity, be profoundly different.

Although
> an uncontrollable full exposure of all thoughts would be considered

horrifying
> in most human societies, it could be the norm for a totally telepathic

society,
> and its consequences would be enormous. In effect, one would be forced to

share
> one's innermost private life with all others, and therefore individual

freedom
> of thought would be diminished or even nonexistent.
>
> In this type of society, uniqueness and individuality could be

significantly
> curtailed. Special characteristics of physiology, clothes, affect, and
> expression, which can be important for human expression of individuality,

would
> have little, if any, use in a society where individual identity .~. is

severely
> diminished or altogether unnecessary. In human .r prisons and other

institutions
> an inmate's identity is systematically stripped away so that the

controlling
> powers can rebuild the member's identity to control him psychologically

and to
> satisfy the needs of the organization. Prisoners are given numbers instead

of
> names, they wear uniforms instead of freely chosen clothes, they eat the

same
> food, they sleep in the same quarters, and most other areas of choice are
> severely limited.
>
> In an alien society this rebuilding would not be necessary. The

inhabitants
> would be born into a public, or even corporate (rather than private)

culture.
> The aliens' identity would be reflective primarily of that society's needs

and
> of the specific function that they must perform within it. Individuality

would
> not be deemed a functional operative within this system.
>
> Abductee reports appear to bear out the diminution of individual alien

identity.
> The gray aliens seem to have no names or personality characteristics that
> separate them r from the others. Outwardly, they look alike, dress alike,

act
> alike, and, most probably, think alike. They appear to have few activities

that
> would give them personal satisfaction— they do not joke with abductees,

engage
> in dialogue about themselves, ask personal questions for their own

satisfaction,
> and so forth. All personality and individual activity is directed toward

the
> abduction goal in a clinical and dispassionate way.
>
> Because personal uniqueness, individuality, and one's r sense of self

would be
> significantly altered, a hive mentality would ensue as function and

performance
> become more important than creativity and initiative. The group rather

than the
> individual becomes the most important social unit, as the alien is less a
> private than a public being. In effect, the government or the hierarchy of
> authority becomes paramount as the individual is subordinated to group

needs. In
> this atmosphere, harboring thoughts opposed to the group's prevailing

norms and
> viewpoints might be undesirable and perhaps even unthinkable. The beings

would
> have little or no ability to become rebels or to struggle significantly

against
> the societal grain. Conformity and rigid truth would be the norm

regardless of
> nuance or the little white lies of normal discourse that allow for human

society
> to proceed smoothly and humanely without injury to others' feelings. In

such a
> society, good or evil do not exist, only function and compliance.
>
> The second scenario suggests that alien society might be based on a

reduced, or
> partial, telepathy. In this type of telepathic society it is probable that

the
> aliens would have r, more control in their ability to be telepathic. It is
> difficult to imagine a functioning society in which every thought is open

> everyone else (as noted in the first scenario). For example, the noise of

other
> beings' thoughts impeding upon one's mind would be detrimental to accurate
> communication and possibly imperil survival. Without the critical capacity

> filter out what is not wanted, one's ability to perform tasks accurately

and
> efficiently would be impeded. Therefore, it is probably necessary for the

beings
> to have a mechanism to turn aspects of telepathy on or off or at least

increase
> or decrease its intensity. It is highly likely that they employ a

filtering
> method for clarity of communication, and thus telepathy might very well be
> limited to purposeful communication.
>
> Nevertheless, the ability to tap into another being's thoughts on any

level
> would significantly diminish the concept of privacy. Although the aliens

would
> have a more private inner life, their sense of self and their ability to

express
> individuality would be severely compromised. The salient factor would

still be
> the inner, rather than outer, mode of expression and communication, and

that
> might well have almost as severe a set of consequences on group versus
> individual norms as total telepathy would have, and it would still be

consistent
> with abductee descriptions of their interactions.
>
> Whatever the degree of telepathy, the chances are that it actively

contributes
> to a society that is more communal than private, more conforming than
> individual. It is unknown to what degree the aliens can employ and

manipulate
> telepathy, but regardless of the degree of this method of communication,

it
> suggests even more profound differences between alien and human society.
>
> ALIEN AND HUMAN SOCIETAL DIFFERENCES
>
> In human society, much of the quality of life is dependent upon the

hearing
> mechanism. In a society based on telepathy, it must not be assumed that

the
> aliens have lost their ability to hear through eons of evolution; their
> communicative abilities might well have evolved and developed as a normal

part
> of their genetics (if, indeed, they have genetics). Thus, the nonhearing

society
> would not have the benefit of the aesthetic world that comes with hearing.

All
> music (and perhaps dance), which enriches and fulfills our lives in

innumerable
> ways and which are some of the earliest and most important art forms for

all
> human societies, would be nonexistent in a telepathic society. It also

implies
> that the aliens might have no genetically determined aesthetic sense

and/or
> inner emotions satisfied by rhythmic and melodic notes produced by

patterned
> tones and beats.
>
> The normal visual cues that both deaf and hearing humans rely upon for

complete
> communication are, in telepathic communication, not present. The aliens do

not
> use their hands to gesture expressively. The subtle and wide range of

expression
> that humans can use—cynicism, irony, sarcasm, drama—seem to be limited for

the
> aliens, and the range of communicative expression that comes from subtle

facial
> movements is almost nonexistent. Abductees do not report the use of body
> language to communicate subtleties and nuance, although it is possible

that
> aliens may have incorporated this into their telepathic communication

without
> abductees being able to recognize it.
>
> EMOTIONS, TELEPATHY, AND VISUAL ARTS
>
> Abductees report that alien emotional range seems to be greatly

circumscribed.
> Possibly, telepathy restricts the range of emotions that can be

transmitted
> and/or received. Whatever the reasons, abductee narratives suggest that

aliens'
> emotional life falls within narrow parameters. That they do have emotions

is
> widely reported. They seem to display satisfaction, excitement, a limited

form
> of happiness, and even a limited form of fondness. Conversely, they can

become
> frustrated, annoyed, surprised, peeved, and even irritated. Abductees

sometimes
> describe aliens as having an extremely rudimentary sense of humor,

especially
> when dealing with human children.
>
> Although aliens obviously possess emotions, their feelings are not

variable and
> expansive enough to encompass what humans rely upon for a normal quality

of
> life. In general, abductees do not report instances when they see aliens
> laughing, crying, becoming enraged, expressing sincere love, unrestrained

joy,
> feeling jealousy, or having their feelings hurt. In general, they do not

display
> a deep sense of humor, and abductees rarely report that they are laughing.
> Virtually every emotion seems to exist within a narrow range. It is

conceivable
> that these emotions are present but the aliens hold them rigidly in check.
> However, with the extremely wide range of abduction accounts now

available, this
> seems unlikely because abductees almost never report seeing slip-ups in

which
> the aliens exhibit wider limits of their emotions. Abductees have reported

that
> they can telepathically sense this limited range of emotions even under

the most
> trying times when they have physically attacked aliens, refused to

cooperate
> with them, actively resisted them by running, flailing, and so on. Under

these
> trying circumstances, one would expect a wider assortment of alien

emotional
> reactions, but none is forthcoming.
>
> If the aliens actually have this restricted emotional sense, it has

profound
> implications for the telepathic society in which they live. Aliens

obviously
> have the sense of sight, but without the emotional range to gratify the

senses
> visually, it is doubtful whether they have developed an art form based on
> vision. Thus, paintings, drawings, and graphics
> are conspicuous by their absence within the interior of UFOs. Strong

color,
> which causes emotional reactions in humans, is almost nonexistent on the

walls
> of UFOs. In fact, abductees report little aesthetic sense whatever in

their
> surroundings on board the UFOs. The rooms, equipment, hallways, and most

apparel
> are functional, clinical, and devoid of artistic expression. The small

gray
> aliens and most of the taller gray aliens dress alike (if they wear

anything at
> all), and fashion design does not appear to be important. The exception to

this
> is the insect-like beings who sometimes wear robes with high collars (some
> abductees have reported robes with a simple hem design on them). Abductees

also
> report that these beings will sometimes also wear an amulet around their

neck
> with a design on it. Whether the design or amulet is for decorative

purpose or
> for another, perhaps political, social, or technological purpose is

unknown.

> The aliens' lack of a nose and mouth (and with evidence of obtaining

nutrition
> by absorption) suggests the absence of the entire range of sensory

satisfaction
> in which humans indulge through the preparation and ingestion of food. The

great
> cuisine’s of the world and all the lore, mythology, and day-to-day

enjoyment of
> eating would not be a factor in the aliens' society. Fragrances by

themselves
> would have little or no meaning. For example, freshly mowed grass,

flowers, and
> the entire range of earthly and animal scents would be lost on aliens.
>
> With a restricted range of emotions—coupled with their lack of ears,

noses, or
> mouths—their society would be less colorful than ours. One would expect

that the
> range of emotion-based interactions between the aliens would be limited;

events
> that generate enjoyment, laughter, awe, thrills, and so forth, would be

either
> severely restricted or nonexistent. In this dull world, the texture of

alien
> society would be flatter and emptier than that of human society and hence

far
> less stimulating.
>
> The paucity of aesthetic sense means that the world of human art and

design with
> all its branches is unknown to the aliens and perhaps not understood. It

also
> means that they probably do not understand the role that aesthetics plays

in
> human life. This suggests that a complete understanding of human

psychology may
> be beyond their grasp. They might remain forever outsiders, partially

grasping
> human motivation, but unable to fully comprehend it. (But they can still

use
> human emotion for their own purposes as they have done so effectively in

their
> neurologically based staring and visualization procedures.)
>
> Thus, the world of art and aesthetics that occupy the lives of so many

humans is
> nonexistent in an alien society. It is entirely possible that there are no

art
> forms like painting, drawing, photography, literature, drama, and

performance
> art. The passionate and complex world of theater, entertainment, sports,

or any
> other area depending on the highs and low of human emotions does not exist

in
> their world. If this were true, they would live in a dull, joyless society
> focused on work, obedience, subservience to the
> group, and obedience to an authoritarian hierarchy.
>
> TELEPATHY AND ALIEN EMOTIONAL LIFE
>
> In a society based on telepathy and restricted emotional range, it might

be
> difficult to experience what we would call ~ love. Without a sense of

self-love
> that comes from a sense r of individuality, the aliens might have a

diminished
> capacity to have these feelings. They certainly have the ability to elicit
> feelings of love and affection in abductees through neural stimulation,

and
> abductees often make the mistake of assuming that those feelings are

reciprocal.
> Although a taller alien being might show a sense of friendship or even

intimate
> that he likes someone, there is little evidence that he has any capacity

to love
> in the human sense.
>
> The aliens' inability to love also suggests that theirr sense of morality

and
> conscience might be different. This complements their apparent lack of
> individual personality, attributes, especially in the smaller beings, and

the
> steady pace of cooperation that abductees report. It also allows for their
> apparent lack of moral qualms when they abduct people. For them, the ends
> justify the means, and the concept of conscience does not seem to play an
> important role in their abduction program.
>
> Rationality and logic play a far more important role in r their society

than
> emotion, empathy, and sympathy. Thus, the human connection that one

expects in
> all human societ-, ies would be absent in alien society. When this

connection is
> lost and the dominant group identifies the other as the enemy or the

lesser
> species, it becomes easier for that group to subjugate or even eliminate

the
> subordinate group. The history of genocide in the world amply displays the
> consequences of the objectification and demonization of the' other. The

aliens'
> activity in relation to the abduction and r exploitation of humans could

well be
> an indication of this mode of thinking.
>
> TELEPATHY AND HYBRIDS
>
> One aspect of alien society is especially important and deserves mention.
> Significantly, hybrids appear to bridge the gap between alien and human

both in
> appearance and in communication. While the ones that look more alien

(early- r
> stage) communicate telepathically, the ones that look more human

(late-stage)
> can communicate both telepathically, and orally. When the late-stage

hybrids
> speak through their mouths, they are more communicative and more

expressive than
> the aliens. One can speculate that the more human they appear, the more

they
> display oral communicative abilities.
>
> The hybrids live in the alien-dominated society, and their lives are ruled

by
> that dominant culture. When abductees describe disagreements and clashes

between
> aliens and r hybrids, the differences between a subordinate society with

more
> complete humanlike sensory abilities—hearing, tasting, smelling, and so

on—and
> thus a fuller emotional range, and the more restricted nonhearing alien

society
> are brought into sharp relief. For example, on one occasion a hybrid was

engaged
> in an argument with an alien over using an abductee as a special project.

The
> hybrid was anxious, angry, animated, and stubborn. The alien was cool,

logical,
> unruffled, and in control.
>
> If late-stage hybrid emotions run the gamut from love to hate, they can

present
> special difficulties for the aliens. In one abduction event, an alien told

the
> abductee they were having difficulty controlling the hybrids because their
> emotional needs constituted a serious problem that the aliens had not

fully
> understood before they embarked upon their reproductive program. If this

is
> true, the role of hybrid emotions looms as a significant problem for the

aliens.
> What the final results will be of the mixing of these two types of beings

is
> unclear.
>
> CONCLUSION
>
> The aliens (insect and gray) most likely represent a society based on

different
> sensate determinants than those of human societies. Their society appears

to be
> group- and work- oriented. They live in a colorless society, both

literally and
> figuratively. It has fewer diversions and entertainments, and less

aesthetic
> content than human society. On board a UFO, it is apparent that the aliens

lead
> a life of service and work in which individuality is subordinated to the

group.

> Their form of communication plays a significant role in the ordering of

their
> lives and culture. Privacy and individual expression are either

nonexistent or
> severely truncated. Telepathy both isolates and joins the aliens together

in
> ways that are very different than in human societies. The quality of the

aliens
> lives and the shape of their society as a whole is significantly formed by

the
> role that the interplay between telepathy and a restricted neurology of

the
> senses plays. It is a society in which humans would feel quite alien. --

David
> M. Jacobs, Ph.D., is associate professor of history at Temple University.

He is
> editor of UFOs and Abductions: Challenging the Borders of Knowledge

(University
> Press of Kansas, 2000) and author of The UFO Controversy in America

(1975),
> Secret Life: Firsthand Accounts of UFO Abductions (1992), and The Threat

(199.

..

Knud

> They appear to have few activities that would give them personal
> satisfaction- they do not joke with abductees, engage in dialogue
> about themselves, ask personal questions for their own satisfaction,
> and so forth.

I remember reading something about where a taller being snipped off a
lock of hair from an abductee, and put it to his (bald) head. This was
considered "funny" to the smaller beings around him.

> In fact, abductees report little aesthetic sense whatever
> in their surroundings on board the UFOs. The rooms, equipment,
> hallways, and most apparel are functional, clinical, and devoid of
> artistic expression. The small gray aliens and most of the taller gray
> aliens dress alike (if they wear anything at all), and fashion design
> does not appear to be important.

It may also be possible the "UFO's" were designed specifically for the
task of processing abductees, like our hospitals or military vehicles
are.

> Their society appears to be group- and work- oriented. They live in a
> colorless society, both literally and figuratively. It has fewer
> diversions and entertainments, and less aesthetic content than human
> society. On board a UFO, it is apparent that the aliens lead a life of
> service and work in which individuality is subordinated to the group.

If the US military went to another planet and started abducting aliens to
study, they may say the same thing about us.

logosdream

i'd be an awful lot of space.
we're obviously not the only species on this planet,
what makes you think it ends there? probably there is and not intelligent,
as bacterial life form and the such, think outside the box my friend.
we're not alone, life's right in front of your eyes in all shapes and sizes.

news:Xns93E9587BE369DKnudnowherecom@204.127.36.1.. .