Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Jerky scrolling Internet Explorer

Jerky scrolling Internet Explorer

Drummerboy

Can anyone help me with this problem.
I am using IE6.
The rest of my computer is fine ie:speed and smoothness.
My problem is when I want to scroll up or down a web page......its really
jerky like I have a memory problem.
I have restarted the machine checked for viruses with up to date AV
protection emptied the Temp files and Temp internet files folders but the
problem still persists.
I have tried other Isp's as well but they are the same too so it must be my
pc.

°Mike°

Try turning off smooth scrolling.

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:54:01 +0100, in
<iX94b.531$(E-Mail Removed)>
"Drummerboy" <Drummerboy1"zerospam"@btopenworld.com> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Drummerboy

Already tried that Mike.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try turning off smooth scrolling.
>

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:54:01 +0100, in
> <iX94b.531$(E-Mail Removed)>
> "Drummerboy" <Drummerboy1"zerospam"@btopenworld.com> scrawled:
>
> >Can anyone help me with this problem.
> >I am using IE6.
> >The rest of my computer is fine ie:speed and smoothness.
> >My problem is when I want to scroll up or down a web page......its really
> >jerky like I have a memory problem.
> >I have restarted the machine checked for viruses with up to date AV
> >protection emptied the Temp files and Temp internet files folders but the
> >problem still persists.
> >I have tried other Isp's as well but they are the same too so it must be

my
> >pc.
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Nice of you to mention it in the first place.

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:02:40 +0100, in
<z6a4b.535$(E-Mail Removed)>
"Drummerboy" <Drummerboy1"zerospam"@btopenworld.com> scrawled:

>Already tried that Mike.

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Try turning off smooth scrolling.
>>

>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:54:01 +0100, in
>> <iX94b.531$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> "Drummerboy" <Drummerboy1"zerospam"@btopenworld.com> scrawled:
>>
>> >Can anyone help me with this problem.
>> >I am using IE6.
>> >The rest of my computer is fine ie:speed and smoothness.
>> >My problem is when I want to scroll up or down a web page......its really
>> >jerky like I have a memory problem.
>> >I have restarted the machine checked for viruses with up to date AV
>> >protection emptied the Temp files and Temp internet files folders but the
>> >problem still persists.
>> >I have tried other Isp's as well but they are the same too so it must be

>my
>> >pc.
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

Paul

Drummerboy" <Drummerboy1"zerospam wrote:

> I am using IE6.
> My problem is when I want to scroll up or down a web page......its
> really jerky like I have a memory problem.

Try the solution here (I had the same problem): http://tinyurl.com/lqgz

Drummerboy

Thanks Paul
The problem is now sorted.
I dont know how it got there in the first place but I had to delete the
password files in the autocomplete section to resolve the problem.

news:bird5n$ch9d5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Drummerboy" <Drummerboy1"zerospam wrote:
>
> > I am using IE6.
> > My problem is when I want to scroll up or down a web page......its
> > really jerky like I have a memory problem.

> Try the solution here (I had the same problem): http://tinyurl.com/lqgz

Paul

Drummerboy" <Drummerboy1"zerospam wrote:

> Thanks Paul
> The problem is now sorted.
> I dont know how it got there in the first place but I had to delete
> the password files in the autocomplete section to resolve the problem.

I also deleted the passwords in AutoComplete at first, but then the
problem came back, so I had to disable the style sheet feature, and
IE's been fine ever since.