Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Passwords

Passwords

Xenoni

There's something about my IE because when I go to a web page that needs a
password, it just starts showing me the 404. It doesn't even open the window
where I could type my password. I really need to get it back.

°Mike°

Tools / Internet Options / Security tab. Press 'Default level'.
Go to the 'General' tab and press 'Delete Files' - check the
box to include 'Offline content'.
Go to the 'Advanced' tab and check 'Use SSL'.

See my signature, re. system maintenance.

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 01:38:19 +0300, in
<bir90s$rh1$(E-Mail Removed)>
Xenoni scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

trout

Xenoni wrote:

> There's something about my IE because when I go to a web page that
> needs a password, it just starts showing me the 404. It doesn't even
> open the window where I could type my password. I really need to get
> it back.

Another possibility could be your 'pop-up stopper'. Sometimes, I
have to turn off the one that I use, as it can prevent dialogue boxes.
--
"Just another thought."