Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re - Mike / Re - Irfanview

Re - Mike / Re - Irfanview

°Mike°

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:16:12 +0100, in
<6dw4b.448$(E-Mail Removed)>
Raine scrawled:

>Boomer.. wrote:

<snip>

>> Hi
>>
>> You mean you can't download it? Or should you install it?
>>
>> Having problems here?
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...330994/default
>> .asp
>>
>> Info:

>Can't install it, telling me I need to install OE6, which is daft
>because I already have OE6. ???
>

>Raine.

Re-read my post about the cumulative updates, and install the
Internet Explorer 6 cumulative update first.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Raine

>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;330994

>> Can't install it, telling me I need to install OE6, which is daft
>> because I already have OE6. ???
>>

>> Raine.

> Re-read my post about the cumulative updates, and install the
> Internet Explorer 6 cumulative update first.

I went to Microsoft and installed all the updates there were.
Raine

°Mike°

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:42:30 +0100, in
<LBw4b.930$(E-Mail Removed)>
Raine scrawled:

>°Mike° wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:16:12 +0100, in
>> <6dw4b.448$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Raine scrawled:
>>
>>> Boomer.. wrote:

>> <snip>

>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...330994/default

>>> Can't install it, telling me I need to install OE6, which is daft
>>> because I already have OE6. ???
>>>

>>> Raine.

>> Re-read my post about the cumulative updates, and install the
>> Internet Explorer 6 cumulative update first.

>I went to Microsoft and installed all the updates there were.
>Raine

No, you haven't. You are still on OE version 1123.

--

°Mike° wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:42:30 +0100, in
> <LBw4b.930$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Raine scrawled:
>
>> °Mike° wrote:
>>> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:16:12 +0100, in
>>> <6dw4b.448$(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> Raine scrawled:

>>> <snip>

>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...330994/default

>>> Re-read my post about the cumulative updates, and install the
>>> Internet Explorer 6 cumulative update first.

>> I went to Microsoft and installed all the updates there were.
>> Raine

> No, you haven't. You are still on OE version 1123.

I was told that after I had installed inetcomm.dll that the build number
wouldn't change, would still show as being build 1123.
There are no updates to install via Microsoft.
I went to Help/Support and checked. Showing none there.
The hammer option is getting closer by the minute. ;o)

Raine

Raine wrote:
> °Mike° wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:42:30 +0100, in
>> <LBw4b.930$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Raine scrawled:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...330994/default

>>> I went to Microsoft and installed all the updates there were.
>>> Raine

>> No, you haven't. You are still on OE version 1123.

> I was told that after I had installed inetcomm.dll that the build
> number wouldn't change, would still show as being build 1123.
> There are no updates to install via Microsoft.
> I went to Help/Support and checked. Showing none there.
> The hammer option is getting closer by the minute. ;o)

Problem solved!

Raine

°Mike° wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:42:30 +0100, in
> <LBw4b.930$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Raine scrawled:
>
>> °Mike° wrote:
>>> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:16:12 +0100, in
>>> <6dw4b.448$(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> Raine scrawled:

>>> <snip>

>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...330994/default

>>> Re-read my post about the cumulative updates, and install the
>>> Internet Explorer 6 cumulative update first.

>> I went to Microsoft and installed all the updates there were.
>> Raine

> No, you haven't. You are still on OE version 1123.

Well Mike,
The Red X's are back!!
I just knew it!
Thanks, now I have to go through the whole process of getting rid of
them again.

Raine.

gangle

"°Mike°" wrote
> You're welcome. You might want to consider something else, if you
> decide to stick with Outlook Express. Your version is out of date.

> It should read:
>
> To update, install the cumulative updates:
>
> April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (330994)
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...94/default.asp
>
> June 2003, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer (818529)
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...29/default.asp

Latest Cum Patch for IE is August 20:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...25/default.asp

gangle

"Raine" wrote
> °Mike° wrote:
> > On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:16:12 +0100
> > Raine scrawled:
> >
> >> Boomer.. wrote:

> > <snip>

> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...330994/default

> >> Can't install it, telling me I need to install OE6, which is daft
> >> because I already have OE6. ???
> >>

> >> Raine.

> > Re-read my post about the cumulative updates, and install the
> > Internet Explorer 6 cumulative update first.

> I went to Microsoft and installed all the updates there were.
> Raine

Have you installed this?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...994/default.as

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...529/default.as

> Latest Cum Patch for IE is August 20:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...925/default.as

Yes,all installed, but now I have the problem of the red X's back, which
I had previously got rid of!
Back to the drawing board.
I can't remember how it was done, although I do have the appropriate
file to re-install when I can remember.
Too late now to mess about with it all, time I hit the hay.
Night,
Raine.

°Mike°

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 03:46:02 +0100, in
<Dpy4b.3209$(E-Mail Removed)>
Raine scrawled:

>gangle wrote:

<snip>

>> Latest Cum Patch for IE is August 20:
>>

>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...925/default.as
>
>Yes,all installed, but now I have the problem of the red X's back, which
>I had previously got rid of!
>Back to the drawing board.
>I can't remember how it was done, although I do have the appropriate
>file to re-install when I can remember.
>Too late now to mess about with it all, time I hit the hay.
>Night,
>Raine.

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q283807

How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q263070

Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q223050

Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

--
Basic computer maintenance

if string = "mike" then print "Hi mike" Bigmac Turdsplash Ruby 4 05-06-2009 01:28 PM
Re: "Mike" & "Mike" geothermal Computer Support 2 04-09-2004 09:52 PM
Irfanview Dark Angel Computer Support 5 09-26-2003 07:59 PM
Attn: New version IrfanView FYI :) Boomer.. Computer Support 14 09-04-2003 10:30 PM
How do you get copyright symbol in a picture using Irfanview? GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net Computer Support 3 09-03-2003 12:22 AM

Advertisments