Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Audio Skipping Win XP

Audio Skipping Win XP

Nathan E. Jeffries

Every single piece of audio media I try to play skips at random intervals,
MP3's , CD's, MIDI,. But DVD's or MPEGs do nout skip and even video without
audio does not skip. Any suggestions?

P4 3.06 ghz 800 FSB
1GB RDRAM
250 gb total Drive Space
SB Audigy Platinum 2
Dual Boot Win XP and Red Hat

°Mike°

Have you ran DirectX diagnostics? Do you have the latest version
of DirectX?

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:18:30 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Nathan E. Jeffries scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Nathan E. Jeffries

DXDIAG checks out ok. I'm running 8.1 which I think is the most current
engine. Only happens on audio no prob. with DVD or AVI.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you ran DirectX diagnostics? Do you have the latest version
> of DirectX?
>

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:18:30 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Nathan E. Jeffries scrawled:
>
> >Every single piece of audio media I try to play skips at random

intervals,
> >MP3's , CD's, MIDI,. But DVD's or MPEGs do nout skip and even video

without
> >audio does not skip. Any suggestions?
> >
> >P4 3.06 ghz 800 FSB
> >1GB RDRAM
> >250 gb total Drive Space
> >SB Audigy Platinum 2
> >Dual Boot Win XP and Red Hat
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

The latest DirectX is v9.0b. Did this skipping start after you
installed anything (player/codec etc.)?

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:44:19 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Nathan E. Jeffries scrawled:

>DXDIAG checks out ok. I'm running 8.1 which I think is the most current
>engine. Only happens on audio no prob. with DVD or AVI.

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Have you ran DirectX diagnostics? Do you have the latest version
>> of DirectX?

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

goof goof is offline
Junior Member

I'm having this same problem... Not sure what caused it, one day my iTunes started skipping and I wondered if it was only iTunes but it's all types of files with audio/websites with audio.. I'm gonna try to wipe my computer (needs to be done anyways) and see if that corrects the problem... Doubt that helps others troubleshoot it.. But I want it fixed seeing as how my laptop is used for music 75% of the time

Laptop CD Rom Skipping When Playing Audio Kentucky Rain Computer Information 1 09-05-2004 10:43 PM
Audio skipping. Mark Radford DVD Video 3 10-22-2003 05:45 AM
audio CD with winXP - skipping Jim Computer Support 4 10-11-2003 04:58 PM
Newbie question - trying to get a handle on until text / line skipping Chris Vidal Perl 3 07-18-2003 11:11 AM

Advertisments