Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE messages wont delete from inbox

OE messages wont delete from inbox

alan

I am running Outlook express 6.0. when i delete a message from my inbox
all it does is copy the message to my 'deleted items' folder. It does not
remove the original from my inbox.

Any setting that could be causing this? What is the possible solution?

thanks.

°Mike°

Move everything out of your inbox, close O.E. and rename the
inbox.dbx file to inbox.old. Re-open O.E. and see if that helps.

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:51:19 -0400, in
<9W24b.4527$(E-Mail Removed)>
alan scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Kraftee

alan wrote:
> I am running Outlook express 6.0. when i delete a message from my
> inbox all it does is copy the message to my 'deleted items' folder.
> It does not remove the original from my inbox.
>
> Any setting that could be causing this? What is the possible
> solution?
>
> thanks.

If you've read it it will be deleted fully after you've closed OE...

As long as you have ticked the correct box...

Options....Maintanence.....Emtpty messages from Deleted items on
exit...

HTH

--
B-)