Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer Problem

Computer Problem

Sanic

A couple weeks ago his apartment lights dimmed and after that his computer
won't boot the computer screen was just black like the computer wasn't on. I
opened the case and the cpu fan is not working I thought his power supply
was bad but I swapped it with mine & same problem. It also looks like the
hard drive doesn't spin I set it up on my computer, fooled around with the
jumpers same problem. I'm beginning to think it's the motherboard.Does
anyone have an idea as to what is wrong.Thanks

lvb_news

Hello,
How many beeps you heard. We need more info!
lvb

"Sanic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> A couple weeks ago his apartment lights dimmed and after that his computer
> won't boot the computer screen was just black like the computer wasn't on.

> opened the case and the cpu fan is not working I thought his power supply
> was bad but I swapped it with mine & same problem. It also looks like the
> hard drive doesn't spin I set it up on my computer, fooled around with the
> jumpers same problem. I'm beginning to think it's the motherboard.Does
> anyone have an idea as to what is wrong.Thanks

Sanic

No beeps

"Sanic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> A couple weeks ago his apartment lights dimmed and after that his computer
> won't boot the computer screen was just black like the computer wasn't on.

> opened the case and the cpu fan is not working I thought his power supply
> was bad but I swapped it with mine & same problem. It also looks like the
> hard drive doesn't spin I set it up on my computer, fooled around with the
> jumpers same problem. I'm beginning to think it's the motherboard.Does
> anyone have an idea as to what is wrong.Thanks

BananaPannaPoe

If it's not the power supply, guess what?

"Sanic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> A couple weeks ago his apartment lights dimmed and after that his computer
> won't boot the computer screen was just black like the computer wasn't on.

> opened the case and the cpu fan is not working I thought his power supply
> was bad but I swapped it with mine & same problem. It also looks like the
> hard drive doesn't spin I set it up on my computer, fooled around with the
> jumpers same problem. I'm beginning to think it's the motherboard.Does
> anyone have an idea as to what is wrong.Thanks

---

Sanic

the motherboard is shot.Well looks like he has to buy another one.

"BananaPannaPoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Gn24b.11481$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> If it's not the power supply, guess what?
>
> "Sanic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > A couple weeks ago his apartment lights dimmed and after that his

computer
> > won't boot the computer screen was just black like the computer wasn't

on.
> > opened the case and the cpu fan is not working I thought his power

supply
> > was bad but I swapped it with mine & same problem. It also looks like

the
> > hard drive doesn't spin I set it up on my computer, fooled around with

the
> > jumpers same problem. I'm beginning to think it's the motherboard.Does
> > anyone have an idea as to what is wrong.Thanks
> >

> ---

Paul - xxx

Sanic tried to scribble ...

> A couple weeks ago his apartment lights dimmed and after that his
> computer won't boot the computer screen was just black like the
> computer wasn't on. I opened the case and the cpu fan is not working
> I thought his power supply was bad but I swapped it with mine & same
> problem. It also looks like the hard drive doesn't spin I set it up
> on my computer, fooled around with the jumpers same problem. I'm
> beginning to think it's the motherboard.Does anyone have an idea as
> to what is wrong.Thanks

If the HD doesn't work on another computer, as you describe, I'd guess he'll
need a new one of those too, as well as a mobo ..

--
Seti 1942 wu in 14790 hours