Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Installer Service

Windows Installer Service

CHAS

"Windows Installer Service Cannot Be Accessed"

I get this message when I try to add/remove pograms using XP Pro (unable to
remove programs).

I know there is a service pack for 2000, but the info I have read says XP
has it included, yet it dosn't seem to work, have read a number of Q?????'s
papers on the subject, but unable resolve the problem.

I know I have posted this before, but will keep my fingers crossed that
someone can HELP.

many thank Chas

°Mike°

"Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed"
Error Message When You Add or Remove Program
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;315346

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:26:59 +0100, in
<ldZ3b.9614$(E-Mail Removed)>
CHAS scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

CHAS

Tried that mike, when I run msiexec /regserver

bad command ?????

"CHAS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ldZ3b.9614$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Windows Installer Service Cannot Be Accessed"
>
> I get this message when I try to add/remove pograms using XP Pro (unable

> remove programs).
>
> I know there is a service pack for 2000, but the info I have read says XP
> has it included, yet it dosn't seem to work, have read a number of

Q?????'s
> papers on the subject, but unable resolve the problem.
>
> I know I have posted this before, but will keep my fingers crossed that
> someone can HELP.
>
> many thank Chas

°Mike°

Try re-installing the Windows Installer redistributable.

Windows Installer Unicode (Windows NT/2000/XP) version 2.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseid=32832

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:59:42 +0100, in
<2K44b.3985$(E-Mail Removed)>
CHAS scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

CHAS

tells me it's the wrong O/S ...Chas

running xp

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try re-installing the Windows Installer redistributable.
>
> Windows Installer Unicode (Windows NT/2000/XP) version 2.0
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseid=32832
>

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:59:42 +0100, in
> <2K44b.3985$(E-Mail Removed)>
> CHAS scrawled:
>
> >Tried that mike, when I run msiexec /regserver
> >
> >bad command ?????
> >

> >"CHAS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:ldZ3b.9614$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> "Windows Installer Service Cannot Be Accessed"
> >>
> >> I get this message when I try to add/remove pograms using XP Pro

(unable
> >> remove programs).
> >>
> >> I know there is a service pack for 2000, but the info I have read says

XP
> >> has it included, yet it dosn't seem to work, have read a number of

> >Q?????'s
> >> papers on the subject, but unable resolve the problem.
> >>
> >> I know I have posted this before, but will keep my fingers crossed that
> >> someone can HELP.
> >>
> >> many thank Chas
> >>

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Can you roll back your system, prior to the problem?

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:48:38 +0100, in
<Wr54b.4976$(E-Mail Removed)>
CHAS scrawled:

>tells me it's the wrong O/S ...Chas
>
>running xp

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Try re-installing the Windows Installer redistributable.
>>
>> Windows Installer Unicode (Windows NT/2000/XP) version 2.0
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseid=32832
>>

>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:59:42 +0100, in
>> <2K44b.3985$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> CHAS scrawled:
>>
>> >Tried that mike, when I run msiexec /regserver
>> >
>> >bad command ?????

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

CHAS

NO, 15th of this month,all prior restores have fell off the end ... Chas
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you roll back your system, prior to the problem?
>

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:48:38 +0100, in
> <Wr54b.4976$(E-Mail Removed)>
> CHAS scrawled:
>
> >tells me it's the wrong O/S ...Chas
> >
> >running xp
> >

> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Try re-installing the Windows Installer redistributable.
> >>
> >> Windows Installer Unicode (Windows NT/2000/XP) version 2.0
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseid=32832
> >>

> >> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:59:42 +0100, in
> >> <2K44b.3985$(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> CHAS scrawled:

> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

CHAS

I think I will have to re-format, but I can't remember how to do it ... Chas

"CHAS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8B54b.5181$(E-Mail Removed)...
> NO, 15th of this month,all prior restores have fell off the end ... Chas
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can you roll back your system, prior to the problem?
> >

> > On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:48:38 +0100, in
> > <Wr54b.4976$(E-Mail Removed)>
> > CHAS scrawled:
> >
> > >tells me it's the wrong O/S ...Chas
> > >
> > >running xp
> > >

> > >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > <snip>
> >
> > --
> > Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Perhaps you could try asking in one of the microsoft.public.windowsxp.*
newsgroups.

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:58:29 +0100, in
<8B54b.5181$(E-Mail Removed)>
CHAS scrawled:

>NO, 15th of this month,all prior restores have fell off the end ... Chas

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can you roll back your system, prior to the problem?
>>

>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:48:38 +0100, in
>> <Wr54b.4976$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> CHAS scrawled:
>>
>> >tells me it's the wrong O/S ...Chas
>> >
>> >running xp
>> >

>> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> <snip>
>>
>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance