Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dual Operating System

Dual Operating System

Lionheart

I had windows 98 installed on my computer then i installed windows xp. The
thing is that i installed XP on onther drive i have on that computer and
instead of taking out windows 98 it left it in and now i get a menu when i
boot up that gives me the option of Operating Systems.
How do I get rid of Windows 98?
or
How do i have it so it boots right into windows XP?

Kenny

This method worked for me after a failed install left me with 2 XP's in boot
menu.
http://tweakhomepc.virtualave.net/du...edualboot.html

--

Kenny

"Lionheart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GNU3b.68535$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I had windows 98 installed on my computer then i installed windows xp. The
> thing is that i installed XP on onther drive i have on that computer and
> instead of taking out windows 98 it left it in and now i get a menu when i
> boot up that gives me the option of Operating Systems.
> How do I get rid of Windows 98?
> or
> How do i have it so it boots right into windows XP?

Kelvin

Hi There, you can try by go to Contorl Panel:

1) click on System icon
2) click on the Advanced Tab
3) click on settings at "Startup and Recovery

from here you can set which OS to be startup first, disable the display
or reduce the sec of the display