Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Newsgroups

Newsgroups

JonC

When I reply to NG's, instead of a + appearing alongside the subject to show
a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over the original subject and my
reply is not visible. Can you help ? Have I changed a setting somehow ?
Thanks......J.

Boomer

JonC said:

> When I reply to NG's, instead of a + appearing alongside the
> subject to show a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over
> the original subject and my reply is not visible. Can you help ?
> Have I changed a setting somehow ? Thanks......J.

Try this. I don't use OE so this is all I can suggest.

F5 to refresh the page and View> Show All Posts
or
from the View menu choose Current View > Replies to my posts

Patrick

JonC wrote:
> When I reply to NG's, instead of a + appearing alongside the subject
> to show a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over the original
> subject and my reply is not visible. Can you help ? Have I changed a
> setting somehow ? Thanks......J.

As far as I understand you, said is quite correct
The little arrow says that you have replied (sent).
The + says that your reply has actually come back.

trout

JonC wrote:

> When I reply to NG's, instead of a + appearing alongside the subject
> to show a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over the original
> subject and my reply is not visible. Can you help ? Have I changed a
> setting somehow ? Thanks......J.

Click View - Current View; check "Group Messages by Conversation".
--
"Sounds like it."

longshotjohn7

Patrick wrote:
> JonC wrote:
>> When I reply to NG's, instead of a + appearing alongside the subject
>> to show a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over the original
>> subject and my reply is not visible. Can you help ? Have I changed a
>> setting somehow ? Thanks......J.

> As far as I understand you, said is quite correct
> The little arrow says that you have replied (sent).
> The + says that your reply has actually come back.

The plus sign is not a new thread. It is a signal that there is a response
to the post and it may or may not be your message.

--
longshotjohn 7

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

Patrick

longshotjohn7 wrote:
> Patrick wrote:
>> JonC wrote:
>>> When I reply to NG's, instead of a + appearing alongside the subject
>>> to show a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over the original
>>> subject and my reply is not visible. Can you help ? Have I changed a
>>> setting somehow ? Thanks......J.

>> As far as I understand you, said is quite correct
>> The little arrow says that you have replied (sent).
>> The + says that your reply has actually come back.

> The plus sign is not a new thread. It is a signal that there is a
> response to the post and it may or may not be your message.

An 'Orange' is not pink, it is a fruit ! "" `rofl`