Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Presario 4770 F10 set up problem

Presario 4770 F10 set up problem

Not Me

I've DL the SP2824.EXE (I had to use a Mac w OS 9 to access the internet)

I've tired using the file on a flopy with the 4770 during boot up -- no joy.

I've tried copying the file to a flopy then executing on a pc in the DOS
mode -- no joy.

I've also tried to copy the file to the C:\ drive on a pc but I get a file
read error.

any help would be appreciated

Regards

Respond to the grouo or to brother_rabbit(@)hotmail.com (remove the () to
respond)

Carol2

I don't believe a PC can read files written by Mac, & vice versa. I suggest
you find a friend with a PC to download/save the file to diskette or cd for
you.

HTH,
Carol2

"Not Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BB752A94.BF93%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've DL the SP2824.EXE (I had to use a Mac w OS 9 to access the internet)
>
> I've tired using the file on a flopy with the 4770 during boot up -- no

joy.

> I've tried copying the file to a flopy then executing on a pc in the DOS
> mode -- no joy.
>
> I've also tried to copy the file to the C:\ drive on a pc but I get a file
> read error.
>
> any help would be appreciated
>
> Regards
>
> Respond to the grouo or to brother_rabbit(@)hotmail.com (remove the () to
> respond)

Not Me

Did that and had a long email converstion with compaq tech support. The
file was the wrong one (dispite what the HP web site stated).

got the correct one (?) and still no joy.

tech support recommed taking it to CompUSA but this is a freebe trying to
set up a donated PC for a (very) low income person.

I'm not ready to give up yet.

> I don't believe a PC can read files written by Mac, & vice versa. I suggest
> you find a friend with a PC to download/save the file to diskette or cd for
> you.
>
> HTH,
> Carol2
>
> "Not Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:BB752A94.BF93%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've DL the SP2824.EXE (I had to use a Mac w OS 9 to access the internet)
>>
>> I've tired using the file on a flopy with the 4770 during boot up -- no

> joy.
>>
>> I've tried copying the file to a flopy then executing on a pc in the DOS
>> mode -- no joy.
>>
>> I've also tried to copy the file to the C:\ drive on a pc but I get a file
>> read error.
>>
>> any help would be appreciated
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Respond to the grouo or to brother_rabbit(@)hotmail.com (remove the () to
>> respond)

Carol2

The best of luck to you. I commend you for trying to help the less
fortunate. 8^)

Carol2

"Not Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BB76D1A3.C5D7%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did that and had a long email converstion with compaq tech support.

The
> file was the wrong one (dispite what the HP web site stated).
>
> got the correct one (?) and still no joy.
>
> tech support recommed taking it to CompUSA but this is a freebe trying

> set up a donated PC for a (very) low income person.
>
> I'm not ready to give up yet.
> >
> > I don't believe a PC can read files written by Mac, & vice versa. I

suggest
> > you find a friend with a PC to download/save the file to diskette or

cd for
> > you.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Carol2
> >
> > "Not Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:BB752A94.BF93%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I've DL the SP2824.EXE (I had to use a Mac w OS 9 to access the

internet)

> >> I've tired using the file on a flopy with the 4770 during boot

up -- no
> > joy.
> >>
> >> I've tried copying the file to a flopy then executing on a pc in

the DOS
> >> mode -- no joy.
> >>
> >> I've also tried to copy the file to the C:\ drive on a pc but I get

a file
> >> read error.
> >>
> >> any help would be appreciated
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Respond to the grouo or to brother_rabbit(@)hotmail.com (remove the

> >> respond)

Not Me

I'm retired and have to do something productive or I'll drive my wife nuts.
(I was crazy from the get-go)

Found that I learn a lot working on legacy stuff trying to make/keep it
work/ing.

Side benefit is the joy of watching someone discover what can be had on the
net.

Regards & Thanks for the responce.

"Carol2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| The best of luck to you. I commend you for trying to help the less
| fortunate. 8^)
|
| Carol2
|
| "Not Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:BB76D1A3.C5D7%(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Did that and had a long email converstion with compaq tech support.
| The
| > file was the wrong one (dispite what the HP web site stated).
| >
| > got the correct one (?) and still no joy.
| >
| > tech support recommed taking it to CompUSA but this is a freebe trying
| > set up a donated PC for a (very) low income person.
| >
| > I'm not ready to give up yet.

Carol2

You're welcome. 8^)

Carol2

news:biudtk$cts9c$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...