Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > - Need math help on toner coverage

- Need math help on toner coverage

°Mike°

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:02:09 +0100, in
<bilqkn$as596$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
PhilÅ scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>

>> You're right. Excuse me while I slink away and bury my head.... )
>>

>hehe I thought I was loosing my head, anyways going to rest my brain..

I think it's my brain that needs resting...

Patrick

Liz wrote:
> "mary wei" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> Hello Everybody,
>>
>> Is someone good at math. I'm trying to figure out toner coverage.
>>
>> If a toner cartridge makes 33,000 copies at 6% coverage, how many
>> copies would it make at only 5% coverage.
>>
>> Please show me how you got the answer as I'm sure this is going to
>> come up again.

> Divide 6 by 5 = 1.2
>
> Then multiply 33,000 x 1.2 = 39,600 copies.
>
> Courtesy of Liz's husband.

It seems that you (hubby) and I aren't going to get any prizes.
Will you (hubby) have a look at mine please, It's allmost as concise as
yours (hubbys).

Bebop & Rocksteady

> Is someone good at math. I'm trying to figure out toner coverage.
>
> If a toner cartridge makes 33,000 copies at 6% coverage, how many
> copies would it make at only 5% coverage.
>
> Please show me how you got the answer as I'm sure this is going to
> come up again.

hehe was gonna ask is it A4 or A3 paper... but don't think many would see my
sense of humor. Well I am not that good at math... and not going to come up
with an answer per say.

But my logical brain would say if you are using less toner per page you will
be able to print more pages.

5% coverage would give around 35 500 - 40 000 copies

Have to admit this has been a funny thread to watch...

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

Liz

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Liz wrote:
> > "mary wei" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> >> Hello Everybody,
> >>
> >> Is someone good at math. I'm trying to figure out toner coverage.
> >>
> >> If a toner cartridge makes 33,000 copies at 6% coverage, how many
> >> copies would it make at only 5% coverage.
> >>
> >> Please show me how you got the answer as I'm sure this is going to
> >> come up again.

> > Divide 6 by 5 = 1.2
> >
> > Then multiply 33,000 x 1.2 = 39,600 copies.
> >
> > Courtesy of Liz's husband.

> It seems that you (hubby) and I aren't going to get any prizes.
> Will you (hubby) have a look at mine please, It's allmost as concise as
> yours (hubbys).

Hubby does not do newsgroup. He gave advice on budgeting to
a Fortune 500 company before retiring to become a full-time golfer.
I am his grand prize.

Patrick

Liz wrote:
> "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>
>> Liz wrote:
>>> "mary wei" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>> Divide 6 by 5 = 1.2
>>>
>>> Then multiply 33,000 x 1.2 = 39,600 copies.
>>>
>>> Courtesy of Liz's husband.

>> It seems that you (hubby) and I aren't going to get any prizes.
>> Will you (hubby) have a look at mine please, It's allmost as concise
>> as yours (hubbys).

> Hubby does not do newsgroup. He gave advice on budgeting to
> a Fortune 500 company before retiring to become a full-time golfer.
> I am his grand prize.

Yes well not to worry, I was just annoyed that nobody gave me a prize.

Anyway, best wishes to yourself and 'hubby'.,

Liz

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Liz wrote:

> >> It seems that you (hubby) and I aren't going to get any prizes.
> >> Will you (hubby) have a look at mine please, It's allmost as concise
> >> as yours (hubbys).

> > Hubby does not do newsgroup. He gave advice on budgeting to
> > a Fortune 500 company before retiring to become a full-time golfer.
> > I am his grand prize.

> Yes well not to worry, I was just annoyed that nobody gave me a prize.
>
> Anyway, best wishes to yourself and 'hubby'.,

Thank you and likewise. I had a look at your reply, that is the
method I would use. You'll get your prize someday, in real life.

Mark

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:40:30 GMT, mary wei <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello Everybody,
>
>Is someone good at math. I'm trying to figure out toner coverage.
>
>If a toner cartridge makes 33,000 copies at 6% coverage, how many
>copies would it make at only 5% coverage.

Depends on how fast the train is going.

Bebop & Rocksteady

>>Is someone good at math. I'm trying to figure out toner coverage.
>>
>>If a toner cartridge makes 33,000 copies at 6% coverage, how many
>>copies would it make at only 5% coverage.

> Depends on how fast the train is going.

and if it is going North or South...

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

The Old Sourdough

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:37:26 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
at the following statement by Bebop & Rocksteady in message

>>>Is someone good at math. I'm trying to figure out toner coverage.
>>>
>>>If a toner cartridge makes 33,000 copies at 6% coverage, how many
>>>copies would it make at only 5% coverage.

>> Depends on how fast the train is going.

> and if it is going North or South...

And whether it is East or West of Chicago....

--
The Old Sourdough
No of SETI units returned: 2026

Mr. Smiley

The Old Sourdough wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:37:26 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
> boggled at the following statement by Bebop & Rocksteady in message

>>> Depends on how fast the train is going.

>> and if it is going North or South...
>>

> And whether it is East or West of Chicago....

[6/5]X33000?

--
the abominable toner
http://www.hal-pc.org/~toner27/