Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Won't power down when shut down

Won't power down when shut down

Ray Horton

My Windows ME computer has stopped powering down when I
Shut Down. Screen goes blank, but computer is still on and
must shut it off with button. Any help appreciated. Ray

--
Ray Horton

Jimchip

http://www.aumha.org/a/shutdown.htm

--
"Why can't somebody give us a list of things that everybody thinks and
nobody says, and another list of things that everybody says and nobody

Cicero

"Ray Horton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My Windows ME computer has stopped powering down when I
> Shut Down. Screen goes blank, but computer is still on and
> must shut it off with button. Any help appreciated. Ray
>
> --
> Ray Horton
> (E-Mail Removed)

=========
This works in Win 2000 - it might work in Win ME.

Control panel / Power options / APM / Tick 'Enable Advanced Power
Management support'

Cic.