Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > disabling _restore folder on Windows ME

disabling _restore folder on Windows ME

Albert Brown

I am currently running Windows Me on my computer and because of an infection
by the I-WORM/BUGBEAR virus, I can only remove the infected files by
disabling the _restore folder. I have run AVG on my system to find the cause
of the infection. Can anyone using Windows ME give me any help as to where I
can find it in the system, so I can disable it.
A J Brown.

Liz

Go here.
http://www.longshome.com/turnoff_sys_restore.htm

"Albert Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> I am currently running Windows Me on my computer and because of an infection
> by the I-WORM/BUGBEAR virus, I can only remove the infected files by
> disabling the _restore folder. I have run AVG on my system to find the cause
> of the infection. Can anyone using Windows ME give me any help as to where I
> can find it in the system, so I can disable it.
> A J Brown.

Billzebud

"Albert Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:biikk7$nrj$(E-Mail Removed)...
Can anyone using Windows ME give me any help as to where I
> can find it in the system, so I can disable it.
> A J Brown.
>
> Right click my computer,go to performance,file system,troubleshooting then

check disable system restore