Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Watching Countdown...

Watching Countdown...

slumpy

....(a word game on TV) a guy says he has a six-letter word, "finity" even
though there is no 'y'.

"Finity ?" says the presenter ?

"Aye, F-I-N-I-T-E, finity".

"Could you possible mean /FINITE/ ?"

"Oh, aye, I suppose so."

I spluttered beer. Real beer.

What a waste.
--
slumpy
no more

lisa g

"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:biik6s$9mgth$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> ...(a word game on TV) a guy says he has a six-letter word, "finity" even
> though there is no 'y'.
>
> "Finity ?" says the presenter ?
>
> "Aye, F-I-N-I-T-E, finity".
>
> "Could you possible mean /FINITE/ ?"
>
> "Oh, aye, I suppose so."
>
> I spluttered beer. Real beer.
>
> What a waste.
> --

The last time I watched it there was a really easy number - something like
500 and they had a 5 and 100 - so the bloke thought hed be smart and do it a
really long and complicated way and got it wrong. Hurray!

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as lisa g continued:

> "slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:biik6s$9mgth$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> ...(a word game on TV) a guy says he has a six-letter word, "finity"
>> even though there is no 'y'.
>>
>> "Finity ?" says the presenter ?
>>
>> "Aye, F-I-N-I-T-E, finity".
>>
>> "Could you possible mean /FINITE/ ?"
>>
>> "Oh, aye, I suppose so."
>>
>> I spluttered beer. Real beer.
>>
>> What a waste.
>> --

> The last time I watched it there was a really easy number - something
> like 500 and they had a 5 and 100 - so the bloke thought hed be smart
> and do it a really long and complicated way and got it wrong. Hurray!

I remember someone cheating years back - he was just hopeful, claimed 6
letters, so did his opponent. He then copied his opponent before they
realised they were both wrong. He looked so embarrassed it was obvious what
his trick was. Oh, and the word was 'critic, sometime late 85 methinks
--
slumpy
no more

William Poaster

This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Wed, 27 Aug 2003
16:52:56 +0100, slumpy uttered this:

> ...(a word game on TV) a guy says he has a six-letter word, "finity" even
> though there is no 'y'.
>
> "Finity ?" says the presenter ?
>
> "Aye, F-I-N-I-T-E, finity".
>
> "Could you possible mean /FINITE/ ?"
>
> "Oh, aye, I suppose so."
>
> I spluttered beer. Real beer.
>
> What a waste.

LOL!

--
"Good job it wasn't on your PC, as you'd
probably need a new monitor & keyboard!"

Watching a thread? FCC Firefox 1 11-24-2004 08:50 PM
Watching movies over wifi Rich Wireless Networking 0 09-20-2004 01:10 AM
Re: Watching cable t.v. remotely andre Wireless Networking 2 09-17-2004 10:15 PM
Watching treads? William W. Plummer Firefox 9 08-07-2004 05:47 PM
Watching threads William W. Plummer Firefox 0 08-06-2004 12:10 AM

Advertisments