Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > netscape, request login&password

netscape, request login&password

Hi

Since 7.1, I have a problem with Netscape, even after requesting that login
and password be saved I'll be in mail and a newsgroup and all of a sudden I
will have to put in login and password. It will work for a while and then
pop up again. Does not happen with explorer.

TRADESMAN

"Hi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Wi13b.16393$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> Since 7.1, I have a problem with Netscape, even after requesting that

login
> and password be saved I'll be in mail and a newsgroup and all of a sudden

> will have to put in login and password. It will work for a while and then
> pop up again. Does not happen with explorer.
>
> Say please...... not even pretty please......just please!

Boomer

Hi said:

> Since 7.1, I have a problem with Netscape, even after requesting
> that login and password be saved I'll be in mail and a newsgroup
> and all of a sudden I will have to put in login and password. It
> will work for a while and then pop up again. Does not happen with
> explorer.

You might want to try asking at one of these groups also:

NETSCAPE 7:
snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.communicator
snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.netscape7.windows
snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.netscape7.macintosh
snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.netscape7.unix

netscape.public.general
alt.netscape.buggy-products
alt.netscape
alt.netscape.sucks
netscape.public.*
netscape.public.mozilla.*

Msfan

Hi wrote:
> Since 7.1, I have a problem with Netscape, even after requesting that login
> and password be saved I'll be in mail and a newsgroup and all of a sudden I
> will have to put in login and password. It will work for a while and then
> pop up again. Does not happen with explorer.

This is a well known bug in mozilla. netscape is mozilla just older then
what the current mozilla is and now that netscape is dead, there will be
no more. think so anyhow.

mozilla developers are completely refusing to fix this bug also as they
have known about it for more then 3 years. and currently they are saying
nothing. other then they are putting it in the to do list for the futre
which in their bugzilla page for this bug, the pull down menu for when
it is planned to be fixed it's the longest option. 1.7.x is in the list
as the last and they then after that have future. which is years away
since 1.7 won't even be out for like more then a year.

mozilla sucks ass in that they don't fix many bugs, they work on
features, but not really bug fixing. they do fix bugs, but not all of
them. like how it should be is they should right now not make any new
features, but what they should do is freeze the code and fix ALL the
damn bugs as there's over a thousand i would guess. then work on one
feature at a time, but they are lazy bastards jerk offs in my opinion.