Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win XP Taskbar woes

Win XP Taskbar woes

Cuzman

I've got a section of Windows XP taskbar that is annoying me. It doesn't
seem to serve any purpose, and I need to get rid of it. From left to right
I have the Start button, the Quick launch section, the useless section, the
programs section and then the section for programs running in the
background. The Taskbar manager doesn't have anything for this useless
section, so how do I get rid of it. It won't shrink down to less than a
couple of inches long. What do i do?

Sentient Fluid

"Cuzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bii4bs$9d6v4$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I've got a section of Windows XP taskbar that is annoying me. It doesn't
> seem to serve any purpose, and I need to get rid of it. From left to

right
> I have the Start button, the Quick launch section, the useless section,

the
> programs section and then the section for programs running in the
> background. The Taskbar manager doesn't have anything for this useless
> section, so how do I get rid of it. It won't shrink down to less than a
> couple of inches long. What do i do?

If by Task Bar Manager, you mean the Task Manager option when you
right-click the Taskbar... well.. it has nothing to do with the Taskbar..

Try right-clicking your Taskbar, click on TOolbars at the top and see what's
all checked in there. If there is anything you don't want, then uncheck it.