Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Trojan Horse...Help needed

Trojan Horse...Help needed

Fitzy_bhoy

I have been recieving error messages in the past couple of days. Which goes
something like this

Trojan Horse IRC/ Backdoor.SDBOT.DO found in the following file C:\system
volume information then lots of numbers but the infected file is
A0027463.exe

I am running AVG 6.0 with the latest signature, I downloaded Anti Trojan 5.5
and Adaware just in case but nothing is being found.

I cannot find the folder or the file which is supposed to be infected, is
this the boot sector?

Any help on how to get rid of this would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
John

Kraftee

Thund3rstruck wrote:
> Fitzy_bhoy Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
> proclaimed in <Rg03b.4522$(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> I have been recieving error messages in the past couple of days.
>> Which goes something like this
>>
>> Trojan Horse IRC/ Backdoor.SDBOT.DO found in the following file
>> C:\system volume information then lots of numbers but the infected
>> file is A0027463.exe
>>
>> I am running AVG 6.0 with the latest signature, I downloaded Anti
>> Trojan 5.5 and Adaware just in case but nothing is being found.
>>
>> I cannot find the folder or the file which is supposed to be
>> infected, is this the boot sector?
>>
>> Any help on how to get rid of this would be gratefully appreciated.

> While Spybot might take care of it, when this happened to someone
> I know, we ended up reloading the system, out of paranoia. The
> theory there was that we didn't know what else the person that put
> it there had done, and we wanted to make sure his **** was gone for
> good...
>
> HTH
>
> NOI

Which is the very reason why I do now allow anybody to touch this
machine, any of the others yes but not this one!!!

*eg*

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Fitzy_bhoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Rg03b.4522$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been recieving error messages in the past couple of days. Which

goes
> something like this
>
> Trojan Horse IRC/ Backdoor.SDBOT.DO found in the following file C:\system
> volume information then lots of numbers but the infected file is
> A0027463.exe
>
> I am running AVG 6.0 with the latest signature, I downloaded Anti Trojan

5.5
> and Adaware just in case but nothing is being found.
>
> I cannot find the folder or the file which is supposed to be infected, is
> this the boot sector?
>
> Any help on how to get rid of this would be gratefully appreciated.

Since you didn't specify which flavor of Windows you run, the answer
is somewhat generic -

Disable System Restore.

Reboot.

Do a deep scan to kill the virus.

Reboot.

Optionally, reenable System Restore - then reboot, if you do.

RwP