Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Auto Connect

Auto Connect

db

I'm sure this is an easy problem for you lot to solve , but I've looked
everywhere (Help & Support, Google, Kellys etc.) and can't find the answer.

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition.

All I want to do is to connect to the internet (Freeserve Broadband not
dial-up) automatically every time I restart my computer - I use KaZaA lite
which doesn't seem to be able to connect by itself even though I have set it
to start at log-on.

I could include a shortcut to Internet Explorer in the Startup folder (which
incidentally produces 2 instances of IE [don't ask me why]) but that means I
have to shut the browser windows down after it connects.

I hoped a shortcut to my "Alcatel Speedtouch Connection" - in my Network
Connections folder placed in the Startup folder would do the job, but no.

I even tried setting my home-page to automatically synchronize every time I
log on to my computer, but no joy there either.

I know I'm missing something simple here but what?

Any help greatly appreciated,

db.

deepak

Test