Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Installing a 2nd Hard Disk

Installing a 2nd Hard Disk

David B

I have winxphome and want to install a 2nd hard disk for my video editing.
Is it a plug and play situation. is there a good article around I can set
this up. I noticed that I don't have a spare IDE (ribbon cable) way. When I
get a splitter what is the configuration . My new disk will be a slave. Any
advice please

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as David B continued:

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/ho...322450,00.html
--
slumpy
no more

°Mike°

A Hard Drive Upgrade Install Guide
http://www.harddriveupgrade.com/

Adding-second-hard-drive
http://www.infohq.com/Computer/addin...ive-review.htm

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:22:32 +0000 (UTC), in
<bigmj8$osh$(E-Mail Removed)>
David B scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Patrick

David B wrote:
> I have winxphome and want to install a 2nd hard disk for my video
> editing. Is it a plug and play situation. is there a good article
> around I can set this up. I noticed that I don't have a spare IDE
> (ribbon cable) way. When I get a splitter what is the configuration .
> My new disk will be a slave. Any advice please

You say that you don't see a spare IDE-cable, but is thiere a spare socket
(for another IDE cable) on the motherboard ?
If not as above, I believe that thiere would be quite some (apart from
physical!) difficulty putting three drives on one cable.

defjam64 defjam64 is offline
Junior Member

btw
URGENT
Where did u get a ide ribbon splitter i despratly i need one
plz tell me where to get it

THX