Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Lexmark Optra R+ started to print slow (6.5 ppm not 14 as before)

Re: Lexmark Optra R+ started to print slow (6.5 ppm not 14 as before)

PhilÅ

I have the same setup, but 32MB, yep it does sometimes print about half the
speed, but I think this is due to the fonts or graphics used. If I fill
notepad with ten pages it prints at 12PPM, in word with a few fonts, alot
slower.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi dear and all mighty ALL,
>

> I got myself a second (or third or fourth) hand Lexmark Optra R+ laser
> printer.
> upgraded to 64mb RAM and lower 500 pages tray.
>
> At first I had no problems with it and it was printing at the quoted
> speed for 300-600 dpi 14 ppm.
> But at first after the first 12-14 pages and now always it started to
> print just 6.5 pages in on e minute. Before it was taking one sheet of
> paper, printing another inside and spittin gout the third. Now it
> takes one and doesn't take the next one all the way until it spat out
> the one just taken.
>
> Any ideas anyone???
>
> Thanks
>

> PLZ reply to the group

nowhere@nowhere.com

Thanks for the reply,
I tried to print (actually copy 500 page) of the same text and it
printed first 20 pages fast and then went slow again. I stopped the
process and told it to print text as graphics and again the same
thing, fast then slow.