Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > dvd playback problem

dvd playback problem

AncientMariner

suddenly all players refuse to playback dvds. There is no message apart from
the player has to close down, this comes after the title.

My first statement is not completely true, dvds played a couple of days ago
will still play properly, but none that haven't been played on this computer
before ? recently.

Seems to me it points to an area violation, but I have never played any
other dvds thatn the ones I'm trying to now, and checking the area codes,
they show area 2 as they are supposed to.

Any suggestions gratefully received, as I don't really want to have to
re-format and re-install everything again.

Harold

remove x for email replies