Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win XP CD writing

Win XP CD writing

Jude

Hello

Can anyone help me with a CD writing problem?
I use Win XP pro but cannot get it to write to CD by dragging files to the
writeable CD.
I was wondering if I have inadvertently turned this feature off.
If I use a CD Writing package like Nero then it is no problem but I want to
remove Nero and use Windows own built in cd writing software.
Any help or advise greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks & regards,

Jude

Too Sexy

Yes, this is a feature you had to turn off to use Nero (at least with the
older version),
if there's no option for this in one of the properties tabs, check the Nero
installation help for this and do the opposite,

my quess is that you can also find this in the windows help

"Jude" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:big0jk$sqm$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> Can anyone help me with a CD writing problem?
> I use Win XP pro but cannot get it to write to CD by dragging files to the
> writeable CD.
> I was wondering if I have inadvertently turned this feature off.
> If I use a CD Writing package like Nero then it is no problem but I want

> remove Nero and use Windows own built in cd writing software.
> Any help or advise greatly appreciated.
> --
> Thanks & regards,
>
> Jude

Ron Martell

"Jude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello
>
>Can anyone help me with a CD writing problem?
>I use Win XP pro but cannot get it to write to CD by dragging files to the
>writeable CD.
>I was wondering if I have inadvertently turned this feature off.
>If I use a CD Writing package like Nero then it is no problem but I want to
>remove Nero and use Windows own built in cd writing software.
>Any help or advise greatly appreciated.

See MVP Alex Nichol's article on CD writing in Windows XP at
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Patrick

Jude wrote:
> Hello
>
> Can anyone help me with a CD writing problem?
> I use Win XP pro but cannot get it to write to CD by dragging files
> to the writeable CD.
> I was wondering if I have inadvertently turned this feature off.
> If I use a CD Writing package like Nero then it is no problem but I
> want to remove Nero and use Windows own built in cd writing software.
> Any help or advise greatly appreciated.

Right-click on your burner-drive (from wherever)
Select Properties
Select 'Recording' tab
Tick box that says 'Enable recording on this CD drive' (this is to allow XP
burner S'w)
(note this *might* interfere with Nero)

Above said, other information is available at the link below
(perhaps scroll down a bit to get at the more relevent parts to you)

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm