Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > problem with what else, OE

problem with what else, OE

Stella

I recently updated to IE6 and now every message I get with an attachment I
cannot open. I receive this message "OE removed access to the following
unsafe attachment in your mail" It would be okay except they are from
friends and family. How can I get this corrected. Using windows 98 on Compaq
computer and IE6. Thanks.

Gordon Burgess-Parker

1. read the Help|Readme file that came with your Updated OE.(You DO read
Readme files when you update or install new software, don't you?)
2. Try a Google search. 120,000 hits at the last count.
3. Search the Outlook Express group.
4. Search THIS group
5. Go to Tools-Options-Security and review the settings if you are too lazy
to do any of the above.
"Stella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently updated to IE6 and now every message I get with an attachment I
> cannot open. I receive this message "OE removed access to the following
> unsafe attachment in your mail" It would be okay except they are from
> friends and family. How can I get this corrected. Using windows 98 on

Compaq
> computer and IE6. Thanks.

ilmc

Stella typed:
> I recently updated to IE6 and now every message I get with an
> attachment I cannot open. I receive this message "OE removed access
> to the following unsafe attachment in your mail" It would be okay
> except they are from friends and family. How can I get this
> corrected. Using windows 98 on Compaq computer and IE6. Thanks.

Oh, forget Gordon.
OE tools, options, security. Un-click the bit about "do not allow
attachments..."

Gordon Burgess-Parker

"ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:etu2b.4380$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh, forget Gordon.
> OE tools, options, security. Un-click the bit about "do not allow
> attachments..."

if you re-read my post, the last option was to "Go to Tools-Options-Security
and review the settings." It's called self-help.

Stella

Thanks ilmc. There are some nice people still left in this group.
"ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:etu2b.4380$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stella typed:
> > I recently updated to IE6 and now every message I get with an
> > attachment I cannot open. I receive this message "OE removed access
> > to the following unsafe attachment in your mail" It would be okay
> > except they are from friends and family. How can I get this
> > corrected. Using windows 98 on Compaq computer and IE6. Thanks.

> > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

> Oh, forget Gordon.
> OE tools, options, security. Un-click the bit about "do not allow
> attachments..."

Boomer

Stella said:

> I recently updated to IE6 and now every message I get with an
> attachment I cannot open. I receive this message "OE removed
> access to the following unsafe attachment in your mail" It would
> be okay except they are from friends and family. How can I get
> this corrected. Using windows 98 on Compaq computer and IE6.
> Thanks.

Can Not Open Attachments OE6

OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6 (Q291387)
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q291387

Tools> Options> Security Tab and uncheck the "Do not allow attachments
to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box.

ilmc

Stella typed:
> Thanks ilmc. There are some nice people still left in this group.

You're welcome

> "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:etu2b.4380$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Stella typed:
>>> I recently updated to IE6 and now every message I get with an
>>> attachment I cannot open. I receive this message "OE removed access
>>> to the following unsafe attachment in your mail" It would be okay
>>> except they are from friends and family. How can I get this
>>> corrected. Using windows 98 on Compaq computer and IE6. Thanks.

>>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>>> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

>> Oh, forget Gordon.
>> OE tools, options, security. Un-click the bit about "do not allow
>> attachments..."

Gordon Burgess-Parker

"Stella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks ilmc. There are some nice people still left in this group.

Well I certainly wasn't rude (you were lucky one or two others didn't
reply), but I wanted to make the point that there were quite a few places
and methods you could have used to find the information BEFORE posting a
question that has literally been posted THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of times in
the last few months.

Usenet good posting guide: Research your question first, and only when you
have exhausted all possibilities, ask the question!

ilmc

Gordon Burgess-Parker typed:
> "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:etu2b.4380$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Oh, forget Gordon.
>> OE tools, options, security. Un-click the bit about "do not allow
>> attachments..."
>>

> if you re-read my post, the last option was to "Go to
> Tools-Options-Security and review the settings." It's called
> self-help.

I was bored to death by then.

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Stella continued:

> I recently updated to IE6 and now every message I get with an
> attachment I cannot open. I receive this message "OE removed access
> to the following unsafe attachment in your mail" It would be okay
> except they are from friends and family. How can I get this
> corrected. Using windows 98 on Compaq computer and IE6. Thanks.

Grr.
--
slumpy
no more