Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Display Problem

Display Problem

Chris Williams

Hi gang,

I've got a very annoying problem !! Everything displayed on the
screen seems to be shifted left. When viewing my desktop, the My
Computer icon displays as My omputer; My Network Places displays as
Network Places; My Documents displays as My ocuments etc.

I have a 19" monitor and have checked the Display settings which read:
Screen area 800x600 as expected. I have an NVIDIA GeForce2 Ti
graphics card.

Can anyone help??????????????????????

Thanks
Chris

Ed Malphrus

"Chris Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi gang,
>
> I've got a very annoying problem !! Everything displayed on the
> screen seems to be shifted left. When viewing my desktop, the My
> Computer icon displays as My omputer; My Network Places displays as
> Network Places; My Documents displays as My ocuments etc.
>
> I have a 19" monitor and have checked the Display settings which read:
> Screen area 800x600 as expected. I have an NVIDIA GeForce2 Ti
> graphics card.
>
> Can anyone help??????????????????????
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Although the 800x600 may be as expected, have you adjusted the horizontal
positioning using the hardware controls on the front/rear of the monitor?

ood luck.