Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Boot up problem

Boot up problem

Rover

I'm running WinME. If I cold boot my system with internet connection (I
have a cable modem and router), the system makes it to the blue screen
and just sits there forever (I let it try for an hour last night). If I
hit cntl-alt-del it does nothing but make a growling sound. The only
way I can shut down is to power down. THEN when it powers back up, on
"checking drives for errors" it sits THERE forever. If I cancel that
and reboot with out internet connection, the "checking drives for
errors" works properly. If I cold boot without internet connection, it
works fine.

I don't recall adding any new software. I have virus checked using
Norton with updated virus definitions. I also ran FixSirc.com from
Symantic and it found nothing.

Any thoughts?

TIA
Jim

Larry

Get rid of Win ME! I had it installed for over a year and had nothing but
problems. I am connected to a network myself. I am now using win2000.

Just a thought...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...