Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: MP3 volumes

Re: MP3 volumes

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Sentient Fluid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newse22b.825028$(E-Mail Removed). ca...
> Does anyone know of a program that will change the volumes of mp3/wma/etc?
>
> Basically, all I want to do is make it so all my audio files are
> approximately the same volume when I play them. Some play quieter than
> others and I find myself always having to adjust the volume from song to
> song.
>
> TIA

As it's doing a conversion, MP3 Workshop can also equalize the
volume of a group of songs.

It can be downloaded at http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~mp3workshop/ .
It's free, no spyware, and ItJustWorks for what it does.

BTW - It understands that if you're converting 128Kbit Stereo MP3 to
128Kbit Stereo MP3, then you're just equalizing the volume ... a neat little
program.

RwP