Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > zone alarm

Reply
Thread Tools

zone alarm

 
 
Um Bongo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2003
I have started to use zone alarm again, I used it before and I used a
program that run with it, which showed all the details of the attack attmept
and you could trace it and such..I think it was called zone alert, but I
cannot find it anymore.
Anybody please tell me if it is still available and where to get it if it
is...mnay thnaks.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2003
X-No-Archive: Yes
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:52:09 +0100, Um Bongo wrote:

>I have started to use zone alarm again, I used it before and I used a
>program that run with it, which showed all the details of the attack attmept


Argh!!! Don't start another thread see the replies you already have.
when you asked at 1132.

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
slumpy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2003
"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
threw back my head and roared with laughter as why? continued:

> X-No-Archive: Yes
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:52:09 +0100, Um Bongo wrote:
>
>> I have started to use zone alarm again, I used it before and I used a
>> program that run with it, which showed all the details of the attack
>> attmept

>
> Argh!!! Don't start another thread see the replies you already have.
> when you asked at 1132.
>
> Me


Ahem - 1123
--
slumpy
no more
no less
just slumpy


 
Reply With Quote
 
Liz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2003
"Um Bongo" wrote:
> I have started to use zone alarm again, I used it before and I used a
> program that run with it, which showed all the details of the attack attmept
> and you could trace it and such..I think it was called zone alert, but I
> cannot find it anymore.


Select Alerts & Log options> click Log Viewer tab
To submit an alert, right-click on a log entry> select More Info
It will open IE to Zone Labs Alert Advisor page where you
can view the technical info, details, and hacker ID.

note: I am running ZA Pro with two years product update
service, free version may not have this feature.




 
Reply With Quote
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2003
X-No-Archive: Yes
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:56:18 +0100, slumpy wrote:

>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
>threw back my head and roared with laughter as why? continued:
>
>> X-No-Archive: Yes
>> On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:52:09 +0100, Um Bongo wrote:
>>
>>> I have started to use zone alarm again, I used it before and I used a
>>> program that run with it, which showed all the details of the attack
>>> attmept

>>
>> Argh!!! Don't start another thread see the replies you already have.
>> when you asked at 1132.
>>
>> Me

>
>Ahem - 1123


Quite right, sflippy lingers.

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
here at home
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2003
12:23 actually!
----------------------------------------------------
"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:biag5v$746sv$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
> threw back my head and roared with laughter as why? continued:
>
> > X-No-Archive: Yes
> > On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:52:09 +0100, Um Bongo wrote:
> >
> >> I have started to use zone alarm again, I used it before and I used a
> >> program that run with it, which showed all the details of the attack
> >> attmept

> >
> > Argh!!! Don't start another thread see the replies you already have.
> > when you asked at 1132.
> >
> > Me

>
> Ahem - 1123
> --
> slumpy
> no more
> no less
> just slumpy
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2003
X-No-Archive: Yes
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:57:33 +0200, here at home wrote:

Taking into acount the headers , 'Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:23:44 +0100'
it is. While the server in the UK says X-Received-Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003
11:23:50 BST

>12:23 actually!


That's fine there the OP is posting from, but didn't account for my slip
of the fingers with 32 / 23 the actual hour didn't matter.

As the newsreader corrects to local TZs. It's too much hassle to keep
viewing the headers and dealing with each TZ/summertime correction
manually as different posters see different local conversions.

>----------------------------------------------------
>"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:biag5v$746sv$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
>> threw back my head and roared with laughter as why? continued:
>>
>> > X-No-Archive: Yes
>> > On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:52:09 +0100, Um Bongo wrote:
>> >
>> >> I have started to use zone alarm again, I used it before and I used a
>> >> program that run with it, which showed all the details of the attack
>> >> attmept
>> >
>> > Argh!!! Don't start another thread see the replies you already have.
>> > when you asked at 1132.

<snip>

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VPN Client Linksys Wireless, ADSL XP Error 800, Zone Alarm John Wireless Networking 0 08-19-2004 10:32 PM
Zone Alarm or Zone Alarm Pro? Jones Computer Information 5 02-20-2004 07:29 PM
Audible alarm in Zone Alarm? Patch Computer Support 4 08-18-2003 07:43 PM



Advertisments