Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: whats this error about?

Re: whats this error about?

Rusty Shackleford

Aka the msblast worm. Aka: lovesan worm

try looking for MSBLAST.EXE too.

Here's one of a trillion sites explaining the worm and it's removal.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html

Rusty

"JabberSmith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You have the msbasher.exe worm. It's bad. And new this morning. You

should
> take the machine off the internet and get cleaned.
>
> Delete "msbasher.exe"
>
> Remove the "windows auto update" from the RUN portion of Windows in the
> registry.
>
> Then get patched AND get a firewall (this one requires both).
>
> It's going to be an interesting week.
>

> "saqib" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_SUZa.929$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi,
> > just started my pc up as normal today, but found that after bein

connected
> > to the net for about 2/3 mins, i got this error msg:
> >
> > GENERIC HOST PROCESS FOR WIN32 SERVICES HAS ENCOUNTERED......... ETC ETC
> >
> > when i click on 'don't sent ' i then get the following msg:
> >
> > SHUTDOWN INITIATED BY NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM
> > SYSTEM IS GOING TO RESTART IN 60 SECONDS BECAUSE RPC SERVICE TERMINATED
> > UNEXPECTEDLY.........
> >

> > wether being connected to the Internet has anything to do with this, i

> dont
> > know , but could any1 tell me what the error was about?
> >
> > cheers,
> > saqib

Clarissa

Thank you very much! It worked! Clarissa
news:1UQ1b.815001$(E-Mail Removed). ca...

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...aster.worm.htm

> Rusty
>

> "JabberSmith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You have the msbasher.exe worm. It's bad. And new this morning. You

> should
> > take the machine off the internet and get cleaned.
> >
> > Delete "msbasher.exe"
> >
> > Remove the "windows auto update" from the RUN portion of Windows in the
> > registry.
> >
> > Then get patched AND get a firewall (this one requires both).
> >
> > It's going to be an interesting week.
> >

> > "saqib" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:_SUZa.929$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > hi,
> > > just started my pc up as normal today, but found that after bein

> connected
> > > to the net for about 2/3 mins, i got this error msg:
> > >
> > > GENERIC HOST PROCESS FOR WIN32 SERVICES HAS ENCOUNTERED......... ETC

ETC

> > > when i click on 'don't sent ' i then get the following msg:
> > >
> > > SHUTDOWN INITIATED BY NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM
> > > SYSTEM IS GOING TO RESTART IN 60 SECONDS BECAUSE RPC SERVICE

TERMINATED
> > > UNEXPECTEDLY.........
> > >

> > > wether being connected to the Internet has anything to do with this, i

> > dont
> > > know , but could any1 tell me what the error was about?
> > >
> > > cheers,
> > > saqib

DVD compliance error ona backup DVD whats it mean ? Miltion DVD Video 2 01-06-2006 01:35 AM
whats this error?? Neo VHDL 4 01-31-2005 12:47 PM
Whats the error:- System.NullReferenceException: =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?= ASP .Net 5 11-01-2004 11:29 PM
Help! Whats this error and how do i get rid of it Lucas Zieland Computer Support 2 10-19-2003 05:27 PM
Re: whats this error about? °Mike° Computer Support 3 08-12-2003 07:13 PM

Advertisments