Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HELP!

HELP!

miss calm

O dear! Tried to download latest ATI driver and ended up in chaos. I have
now lost 'D' drive, can only get a scrambled mix of colours on the desktop
in 'normal mode'. If I just close down from the PC button then I can return
in 'safe mode'.
I have deleted the display drivers, directx and limited the hardware
acceleration. I was going to reinstall the ATI start driver. (All this is
the result of an upgrade that was not carried out completly.)
System:
Windows 98.
Athlon processor
Radeon 7000 gamecard.
Any advice most appreciated.

Professor

You have to use your restore disk if you hvae one to get your display back
by reinstalling your graphics card drivers. If you don't have a restore
disk you will have to identify your graphics card and the get drivers from
the internet at the site of the maker of the card. To get the latest
version of DirectX you go to the Microsoft site. If your D drive is the cdrw
or cdrom drive you will have to reinstall the drivers but first go into
setup and have setup recognize it with auto. If setup already recognizes
the drive then it is the drivers only you have to deal with. If you don't
have restore disk for the cdrom or cdrw drive you will have to identify the
make and model and get the drivers from their site on the internet. If you
have a disk then and it has a setup program try running it. If you get the
drivers from the internet you have to run install new hardware from control
panel and browse to the driver information. Any of the hardware that you
don't have a disk for must be done this way.
"miss calm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bi82eq$cdq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> O dear! Tried to download latest ATI driver and ended up in chaos. I have
> now lost 'D' drive, can only get a scrambled mix of colours on the desktop
> in 'normal mode'. If I just close down from the PC button then I can

return
> in 'safe mode'.
> I have deleted the display drivers, directx and limited the hardware
> acceleration. I was going to reinstall the ATI start driver. (All this is
> the result of an upgrade that was not carried out completly.)
> System:
> Windows 98.
> Athlon processor
> Radeon 7000 gamecard.