Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem getting dual monitors to work

Problem getting dual monitors to work

Gazzer

Hi
I'm trying to hook up two monitors on my Windows XP system.
I have an on board video card and I installed a S3 Trio64v2 video card.
yes the on board video card disabled it's self.
My mother board dosn't have a AGP slot...

So could some one tell me what kind of PCI slot video card would be good to
buy that would give me what I wont.

JM

Gazzer wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to hook up two monitors on my Windows XP system.
> I have an on board video card and I installed a S3 Trio64v2 video card.
> yes the on board video card disabled it's self.
> My mother board dosn't have a AGP slot...
>
> So could some one tell me what kind of PCI slot video card would be good to
> buy that would give me what I wont.

This looks interesting....

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...4201&CatId=320

Do you have the latest drivers for the video card ?

http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/w...rum/70645.html

I buy all my video cards here :

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...CODE=WEBGOO011

JM
--
"And there the snake throws her enamelled skin"
William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Mike Walker

The graphics cards have to be identical, and with the correct drivers
installed.

I have two computers in our office with multipal screens
both systems run Win98
one system has 3 x pci S3 trio cards
one system has 2 x pci S3 trio cards

They run a simple VB6 prog which monitors a call log database.

Regards
Mike.

"Gazzer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I'm trying to hook up two monitors on my Windows XP system.
> I have an on board video card and I installed a S3 Trio64v2 video card.
> yes the on board video card disabled it's self.
> My mother board dosn't have a AGP slot...
>
> So could some one tell me what kind of PCI slot video card would be good

> buy that would give me what I wont.

PhotoMan

"Mike Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1LI1b.1558$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The graphics cards have to be identical, and with the correct drivers
> installed.

Not so! I'm running 3 monitors, with one on-board, an AGP card, and a PCI
card.

-= Hawk =-

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:04:55 +0100, "Mike Walker"
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

>The graphics cards have to be identical, and with the correct drivers
>installed.

Bullshit. Tell me, genius, if you were running an AGP and PCI
dual graphics card rig, how you you get them 'identical'?

--

Exxy is my hero!

Mike Walker

Correction,

I did not say I was running AGP, on-board & PCI, nor did I say I was running
XP,
what I said was I run win98 (not xp) and I use PCI boards

I do however stand to be corrected the graphics cards
they do not have to be identical as this article shows:-

I apologise for any confusion caused.

Mike.