Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firewall Question

Firewall Question

mannyG

Hi I just have a general question. I'm running sygate personal firewall pro
edition, recently I've been getting alot of alerts reading "F30002 DCE/RPC
DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt detected". Is this someone trying to
hack my system or maybe a worm or something. Any response would be greatly
taken. TIA

Brian H

mannyG said:

> Hi I just have a general question. I'm running sygate personal firewall pro
> edition, recently I've been getting alot of alerts reading "F30002 DCE/RPC
> DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt detected". Is this someone trying to
> hack my system or maybe a worm or something. Any response would be greatly
> taken. TIA

Have you been asleep for the past week or 2?

Sonia XX

"mannyG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:n7y1b.1312$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi I just have a general question. I'm running sygate personal firewall

pro
> edition, recently I've been getting alot of alerts reading "F30002 DCE/RPC
> DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt detected". Is this someone trying to
> hack my system or maybe a worm or something. Any response would be

greatly
> taken. TIA

Read the subject i sent my sygate is getting full

Boomer

Brian H said:

> mannyG said:
>
>> Hi I just have a general question. I'm running sygate personal
>> firewall pro edition, recently I've been getting alot of alerts
>> reading "F30002 DCE/RPC DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt
>> detected". Is this someone trying to hack my system or maybe a
>> worm or something. Any response would be greatly taken. TIA

> Have you been asleep for the past week or 2?

No wonder people get viruses, worms, spyware etc.

<sigh>

Boomer

mannyG said:

> Hi I just have a general question. I'm running sygate personal
> firewall pro edition, recently I've been getting alot of alerts
> reading "F30002 DCE/RPC DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt
> detected". Is this someone trying to hack my system or maybe a
> worm or something. Any response would be greatly taken. TIA

Please read
Subject: My Sygate firewall is getting full
Posted about 7 hours ago.

Or lookup here:

Thund3rstruck

mannyG Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
in <n7y1b.1312$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Hi I just have a general question. I'm running sygate personal
> firewall pro edition, recently I've been getting alot of alerts
> reading "F30002 DCE/RPC
> DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt detected". Is this someone
> trying to
> hack my system or maybe a worm or something. Any response would be
> greatly
> taken. TIA

Dunno if this has been answered yet, but the recent MSBlaster worm
(or similar) would be my guess...

NOI