Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: SOBIG-F SECOND WAVE ATTACK - M$ Windows

Re: SOBIG-F SECOND WAVE ATTACK - M$ Windows

William Poaster

This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
15:57:36 +0000, Boomer uttered this:

> William Poaster said:
>
>> For those of you using M$ Windows:-
>>
>> Sophos researchers have published information on

<snip>

>> W32/Sobig-F also attempts to spread by copying
>> itself to Windows network shares.

> Thank you for posting this.

YW, Boomer.

Although I expect there will still be a
bunch of Windoze users asking "Why does my
computer...blah..blah..etc" just as they did with
MSBlaster, even *after* all the warnings about it.

--
Linux user #305646.
SuSE Linux Pro 8.2

Boomer

William Poaster said:

> This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
> 15:57:36 +0000, Boomer uttered this:
>
>> William Poaster said:
>>
>>> For those of you using M$ Windows:-
>>>
>>> Sophos researchers have published information on

> <snip>
>
>>> W32/Sobig-F also attempts to spread by copying
>>> itself to Windows network shares.

>> Thank you for posting this.

> YW, Boomer.
>
> Although I expect there will still be a
> bunch of Windoze users asking "Why does my
> computer...blah..blah..etc" just as they did with
> MSBlaster, even *after* all the warnings about it.

Maybe if this thread grows in length (maybe 300 replies) <eg> someone
"might" notice your information?!

Or you could put "SEX" in the subject line. That seems to be an
attention getter.

Boomer

°Mike° said:

> REPOST - courtesy William Poaster:
>
> For those of you using M$ Windows:-
>
> Sophos researchers have published information on
> a second wave attack which the Sobig-F worm may
> attempt to make in the coming hours.
>
> On infected PCs, Sobig-F will attempt to download
> code from the internet and then run it on the computer. *
> This occurs on *Fridays* and *Sundays* at 19:00-22:00 GMT. *
> This equates to the following times in different parts
> of the world:

[snip]
> On 22 Aug 2003 17:13:28 GMT, in
> Boomer scrawled:
>
> <snip>
>
>>Maybe if this thread grows in length (maybe 300 replies) <eg>
>>someone "might" notice your information?!
>>
>>Or you could put "SEX" in the subject line. That seems to be an
>>attention getter.

> Like this, you mean? <bg>

Excellent!

It sure got my attention! LOL

--

<HCFTH>

°Mike°

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:47:02 +0100, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
William Poaster scrawled:

>This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
>17:38:33 +0000, Boomer uttered this:
>
>> °Mike° said:
>>
>>> REPOST - courtesy William Poaster:
>>>
>>> For those of you using M$ Windows:-
>>>
>>> Sophos researchers have published information on
>>> a second wave attack which the Sobig-F worm may
>>> attempt to make in the coming hours.
>>>
>>> On infected PCs, Sobig-F will attempt to download
>>> code from the internet and then run it on the computer. *
>>> This occurs on *Fridays* and *Sundays* at 19:00-22:00 GMT. *
>>> This equates to the following times in different parts
>>> of the world:

>> [snip]
>>> On 22 Aug 2003 17:13:28 GMT, in
>>> Boomer scrawled:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Like this, you mean? <bg>
>>>

>> Excellent!
>>
>> It sure got my attention! LOL

>That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

Who can resist, now? <g>

--
"Hit any user to continue."

The Old Sourdough

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:49:08 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
at the following statement by °Mike° in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:47:02 +0100, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> William Poaster scrawled:
>
>>This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
>>17:38:33 +0000, Boomer uttered this:

snip

>>> Excellent!
>>>
>>> It sure got my attention! LOL

>>That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

> Who can resist, now? <g>

At my age, we can dispense with the *SEX* part, but bring on the BEER!!11!!

--
The Old Sourdough
No of SETI units returned: 2002

°Mike°

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:57:07 -0500, in
<Xns93DF83C3EAA80Bcx25Yti54oP@216.196.97.132>
The Old Sourdough scrawled:

>On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:49:08 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
>at the following statement by °Mike° in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>
>> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:47:02 +0100, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> William Poaster scrawled:
>>
>>>This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
>>>17:38:33 +0000, Boomer uttered this:

>snip

>>>That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

>> Who can resist, now? <g>
>>

>At my age, we can dispense with the *SEX* part, but bring on the BEER!!11!!

Oh, you're still conscious, then? ;^)

°Mike°

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:00:47 GMT, in
<jTs1b.5020$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ed Malphrus scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:47:02 +0100, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> William Poaster scrawled:
>>
>> >This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
>> >17:38:33 +0000, Boomer uttered this:

>> >That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

>> Who can resist, now? <g>
>>
>> --
>> "Hit any user to continue."
>>

>In case any pre-teen geeks want to get in on the fun

Shouldn't that be PC -vs- Macintosh? Or Linux -vs- Windows?

--
"A Linux machine... because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste."

Boomer

William Poaster said:

> This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
> 17:38:33 +0000, Boomer uttered this:
>
>> °Mike° said:
>>
>>> REPOST - courtesy William Poaster:
>>>
>>> For those of you using M$ Windows:-
>>>
>>> Sophos researchers have published information on
>>> a second wave attack which the Sobig-F worm may
>>> attempt to make in the coming hours.
>>>
>>> On infected PCs, Sobig-F will attempt to download
>>> code from the internet and then run it on the computer. *
>>> This occurs on *Fridays* and *Sundays* at 19:00-22:00 GMT. *
>>> This equates to the following times in different parts
>>> of the world:

>> [snip]
>>> On 22 Aug 2003 17:13:28 GMT, in
>>> Boomer scrawled:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Like this, you mean? <bg>
>>>

>> Excellent!
>>
>> It sure got my attention! LOL

> That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

Oh, YES!!!!!!!

You got the idea, now.

Boomer

William Poaster said:

> This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug
> 2003 17:13:28 +0000, Boomer uttered this:
>
>> William Poaster said:
>>
>>> This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug
>>> 2003 15:57:36 +0000, Boomer uttered this:

>>> <snip>

>>> YW, Boomer.
>>>
>>> Although I expect there will still be a
>>> bunch of Windoze users asking "Why does my
>>> computer...blah..blah..etc" just as they did with
>>> MSBlaster, even *after* all the warnings about it.

>> Maybe if this thread grows in length (maybe 300 replies) <eg>
>> someone "might" notice your information?!

> You think so? <g>

It's a start. lol

>> Or you could put "SEX" in the subject line. That seems to be an
>> attention getter.

> LOL!!

William Poaster

This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
19:01:43 +0100, °Mike° uttered this:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:57:07 -0500, in
> <Xns93DF83C3EAA80Bcx25Yti54oP@216.196.97.132>
> The Old Sourdough scrawled:
>
>>On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:49:08 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
>>at the following statement by °Mike° in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>
>>> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:47:02 +0100, in
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> William Poaster scrawled:

>>snip

>>> Who can resist, now? <g>
>>>

>>At my age, we can dispense with the *SEX* part, but bring on the BEER!!11!!

> Oh, you're still conscious, then? ;^)

Give it time! <g>

--
Rock & roll...