Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Virus still there ?

Virus still there ?

Bulld0g

I'm running windows xp pro.Zone alarm and Nortons anti virus 2003.Yesterday
i had themsblast worm.I have since patched xp and deleted the virus,and run
a clear scan.Today i was double checking and done another scan.When it
started checking a folder in the c drive it was there for about 1/2 hour
before eventually stopping the scan. The folder is only 7 mb big but when i
checked it, it was showing as 345 gig in the properties.I think i may have
another virus,but the nortons dats are upto date.When i open the folder up
there are subfolders and instead of names are small icons lile triangles
squares etc.Any one any idea ?
TIA

Richard

Bulld0g wrote:>>

> I'm running windows xp pro.Zone alarm and Nortons anti virus
> 2003.Yesterday i had themsblast worm.I have since patched xp and deleted
> the virus,and run a clear scan.Today i was double checking and done
> another scan.When it started checking a folder in the c drive it was
> there for about 1/2 hour before eventually stopping the scan. The folder
> is only 7 mb big but when i checked it, it was showing as 345 gig in the
> properties.I think i may have another virus,but the nortons dats are upto
> date.When i open the folder up there are subfolders and instead of names
> are small icons lile triangles squares etc.Any one any idea ?
> TIA

run scandisk and let it fix the errors.
then run defrag.