Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Opinions - Need professional message.

Re: Opinions - Need professional message.

Liz

+ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-no.sp.id4rox+AEA-stny.rr.com.am.no+AD4- wrote
+AD4- I'm looking for some opinions to tweak this to sound ultra professional. Any
+AD4- professional business people here want to share their thoughts and ideas on
+AD4- how to improve the professionalism?

These questions, they are highly unprofessional IMO.

Liz

"Boomer" wrote:
> Liz said:
>
> > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > > I'm looking for some opinions to tweak this to sound ultra

> > professional. Any > professional business people here want to
> > share their thoughts and ideas on > how to improve the
> > professionalism?
> >
> > These questions, they are highly unprofessional IMO.

> Whats all this stuff?
> "Brian" <no.sp.id4rox@

What are you referring to? Prey tell.

Boomer

Boomer said:

> Liz said:
>
>> +ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-no.sp.id4rox+AEA-stny.rr.com.am.no+AD4- wrote

All this (above) Like "+ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-"

>> +AD4- I'm looking for some opinions to tweak this to sound ultra
>> professional. Any +AD4- professional business people here want to
>> share their thoughts and ideas on +AD4- how to improve the
>> professionalism?
>>
>> These questions, they are highly unprofessional IMO.

> Whats all this stuff?
> +ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-no.sp.id4rox+AEA

This is how I saw your message:
+ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-no.sp.id4rox+AEA-stny.rr.com.am.no+AD4- wrote
+AD4- I'm looking for some opinions to tweak this to sound ultra
professional. Any
+AD4- professional business people here want to share their thoughts
and ideas on
+AD4- how to improve the professionalism?

Doesn't that look weird?

Mike

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:57:17 GMT, in
<xu91b.1333$(E-Mail Removed)>
Liz scrawled:

>"Boomer" wrote:
>> Liz said:
>>
>> > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> > professional. Any > professional business people here want to
>> > share their thoughts and ideas on > how to improve the
>> > professionalism?
>> >
>> > These questions, they are highly unprofessional IMO.

>> Whats all this stuff?
>> "Brian" <no.sp.id4rox@

>What are you referring to? Prey tell.

From your headers, in your reply to the OP:

Then in your reply to Boomer:

I don't know if it's your reader, or Boomer's at fault, but this
is what came over in Boomer's reply:

--
Basic computer maintenance

trout

Mike wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:57:17 GMT, in
> <xu91b.1333$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Liz scrawled:

>>> Whats all this stuff?
>>> "Brian" <no.sp.id4rox@

>> What are you referring to? Prey tell.
>>

> From your headers, in your reply to the OP:
>
> Then in your reply to Boomer:
>
> I don't know if it's your reader, or Boomer's at fault, but this
> is what came over in Boomer's reply:
>> +ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-no.sp.id4rox+AEA-stny.rr.com.am.no+AD4- wrote
>> +AD4-

That's what I'm seeing, too.
--
"Funky."

Mike

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:22:26 -0700, in
<bi39ms$4rvrc$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
trout scrawled:

>Mike wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:57:17 GMT, in
>> <xu91b.1333$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Liz scrawled:

>>> What are you referring to? Prey tell.
>>>

>> From your headers, in your reply to the OP:
>>
>> Then in your reply to Boomer:
>>
>> I don't know if it's your reader, or Boomer's at fault, but this
>> is what came over in Boomer's reply:
>>> +ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-no.sp.id4rox+AEA-stny.rr.com.am.no+AD4- wrote
>>> +AD4-

> That's what I'm seeing, too.

I just checked with my version of XNews (05.08.12). It appears that
Liz's reader is at fault, probably in the character set used.

trout

Mike wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:22:26 -0700, in
> <bi39ms$4rvrc$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
> trout scrawled:

<snip>

>> That's what I'm seeing, too.

> I just checked with my version of XNews (05.08.12). It appears that
> Liz's reader is at fault, probably in the character set used.

Ah. I see that if I turn off "use default encoding for all incoming
messages", it looks 'normal'.
--
"Whacky kids, with their crazy character sets, these days. It's worse
than the music."

Boomer

Liz said:

> "°Mike°" wrote
>
>> trout scrawled:

>> > That's what I'm seeing, too.

>> I just checked with my version of XNews (05.08.12). It appears
>> that Liz's reader is at fault, probably in the character set
>> used.

> As I stated last time when slumpy had the same problem, it is the
> character setting. My font is set to "Unicode" since I spend 80%
> of the time reading & posting in non-English groups. Sometimes
> things get too hectic, I could forget to switch back. Anyway, I
> just downloaded last night's posts, didn't realize they were
> replies. It's good to know some posters have no problem reading my
> post, I guess Xnews is not so perfect after all.
> http://tinyurl.com/krt3
>
> Anyway, I am sending a few replies from *what's all this stuff*...
> Let me know if you see them okay, Boomer.

All is well now, except for your PS.

> Pardon me for not
> replying to each individual posts, it takes too long to write when
> I'm not in an English mood, I'm kinda busy right now.

Thanks Liz

> PS. 保健強身, 多吃香蕉!

Liz

"Boomer" wrote

> Liz said:
>
> > "°Mike°" wrote

What's this stuff, eh?

> All is well now, except for your PS.

That was another Unicode stuff. When you reply to my message,
your reader changed my character set, the same way I changed Brian's
when I forgot to switch my font back to Western European. The
original alphabet will not appear properly unless we post in HTML!!
I'll do it if you do it.