Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > RECEIVING

Reply
Thread Tools

RECEIVING

 
 
Thomas C. Mercier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2003
I CAN SEND E-MAIL ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS, BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY. WHAT CAN
I DO TO FIX IT?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
slumpy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2003
"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
threw back my head and roared with laughter as Thomas C. Mercier continued:

> I CAN SEND E-MAIL ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS, BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY.
> WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT?


Get your settings right.
Go to your ISP's website.
--
slumpy
no more
no less
just slumpy


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
slumpy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2003
"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
threw back my head and roared with laughter as KillingJoke continued:

> "Thomas C. Mercier" <tcmerc@ cableone.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I CAN SEND E-MAIL ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS, BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY.
>> WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT?
>>
>>

>
> Nobody is sending you mail, because you SHOUT all the time.
>
> Kj


Are you receiving ?
hehehe
--
slumpy
no more
no less
just slumpy


 
Reply With Quote
 
Raine
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2003
Forgive me for sticking my oar in but .... Mike ..
has it ever occurred to you that people that use Caps when posting might just have a valid reason for doing so? And that is they may have problems reading in lower case!
Raine.



"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:3f5d1b61.4954155@localhost...
Check your POP3 settings, and TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK!


On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:23:49 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Thomas C. Mercier scrawled:

>I CAN SEND E-MAIL ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS, BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE
>ANY. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT?
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2003
There is no valid reason for posting in all capitals. If a person
has vision problems, there are available the built-in accessibility
options - high contrast, larger fonts, magnifier, etc., plus text
to speech software. All of those options, and more, make
reading much better than all capitals, which is actually HARDER
to read.


On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:55:43 +0100, in
<%wn1b.3914$(E-Mail Removed)>
Raine scrawled:

>Forgive me for sticking my oar in but .... Mike ..
> has it ever occurred to you that people that use Caps when posting
>might just have a valid reason for doing so? And that is they may have
>problems reading in lower case!
>Raine.
>
>
>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:3f5d1b61.4954155@localhost...
>Check your POP3 settings, and TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK!
>
>
>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:23:49 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Thomas C. Mercier scrawled:
>
>>I CAN SEND E-MAIL ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS, BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE
>>ANY. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT?
>>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Raine
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2003
I apologise Mike, but supposing other people, like me, who are still at the *Novice* stage of learning, don't know about such things? Having said that, I have a friend who emails me in all caps, I have no difficulty in reading the text. She's been a computer user over 4 years.
But I do understand where you're coming from.
Raine.




"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
There is no valid reason for posting in all capitals. If a person
has vision problems, there are available the built-in accessibility
options - high contrast, larger fonts, magnifier, etc., plus text
to speech software. All of those options, and more, make
reading much better than all capitals, which is actually HARDER
to read.


On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:55:43 +0100, in
<%wn1b.3914$(E-Mail Removed)>
Raine scrawled:

>Forgive me for sticking my oar in but .... Mike ..
> has it ever occurred to you that people that use Caps when posting
>might just have a valid reason for doing so? And that is they may have
>problems reading in lower case!
>Raine.
>
>
>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:3f5d1b61.4954155@localhost...
>Check your POP3 settings, and TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK!
>
>
>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:23:49 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Thomas C. Mercier scrawled:
>
>>I CAN SEND E-MAIL ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS, BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE
>>ANY. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT?
>>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2003
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:56:26 +0100, in
<VYy1b.1451$(E-Mail Removed)>
Raine scrawled:

>I apologise Mike, but supposing other people, like me, who are
>still at the *Novice* stage of learning, don't know about such
>things?


I suspect that anybody who has vision problems would be more
aware of such features than the average novice.

>Having said that, I have a friend who emails me in all caps, I
>have no difficulty in reading the text. She's been a computer
>user over 4 years.


She's a novice, then?

>But I do understand where you're coming from.


Second star on the right, and straight on 'til morning.

>Raine.
>
>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>There is no valid reason for posting in all capitals. If a person
>has vision problems, there are available the built-in accessibility
>options - high contrast, larger fonts, magnifier, etc., plus text
>to speech software. All of those options, and more, make
>reading much better than all capitals, which is actually HARDER
>to read.
>
>
>On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:55:43 +0100, in
> <%wn1b.3914$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Raine scrawled:
>
>>Forgive me for sticking my oar in but .... Mike ..
>> has it ever occurred to you that people that use Caps when posting
>>might just have a valid reason for doing so? And that is they may have
>>problems reading in lower case!
>>Raine.
>>
>>
>>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>in message news:3f5d1b61.4954155@localhost...
>>Check your POP3 settings, and TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK!
>>
>>
>>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:23:49 -0500, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Thomas C. Mercier scrawled:
>>
>>>I CAN SEND E-MAIL ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS, BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE
>>>ANY. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT?
>>>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Raine
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2003
On the first point I accept the logic in what you say, I haven't got impaired vision so the settings for such users would never occur to me.

and ...
Yep, my friend is still a novice when it comes to understanding/using the computer.

But, alas, I can't find your star, so maybe I HAVE got impaired vision, after all?

Raine.



"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:56:26 +0100, in
<VYy1b.1451$(E-Mail Removed)>
Raine scrawled:

>I apologise Mike, but supposing other people, like me, who are
>still at the *Novice* stage of learning, don't know about such
>things?


I suspect that anybody who has vision problems would be more
aware of such features than the average novice.

>Having said that, I have a friend who emails me in all caps, I
>have no difficulty in reading the text. She's been a computer
>user over 4 years.


She's a novice, then?

>But I do understand where you're coming from.


Second star on the right, and straight on 'til morning.

>Raine.
>
>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>There is no valid reason for posting in all capitals. If a person
>has vision problems, there are available the built-in accessibility
>options - high contrast, larger fonts, magnifier, etc., plus text
>to speech software. All of those options, and more, make
>reading much better than all capitals, which is actually HARDER
>to read.
>
>
>On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:55:43 +0100, in
> <%wn1b.3914$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Raine scrawled:
>
>>Forgive me for sticking my oar in but .... Mike ..
>> has it ever occurred to you that people that use Caps when posting
>>might just have a valid reason for doing so? And that is they may have
>>problems reading in lower case!
>>Raine.
>>
>>
>>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>in message news:3f5d1b61.4954155@localhost...
>>Check your POP3 settings, and TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK!
>>
>>
>>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:23:49 -0500, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Thomas C. Mercier scrawled:
>>
>>>I CAN SEND E-MAIL ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS, BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE
>>>ANY. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT?
>>>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not Receiving Email Kevin Cisco 3 11-07-2006 03:39 PM
Receiving 1 of 1, but not Doug Chadduck Firefox 3 01-12-2006 02:29 AM
Receiving E-Mail Problem Fat Cat Firefox 2 07-02-2005 11:30 PM
Receiving IP address from Router but NO Internet Connection =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gVi4=?= Wireless Networking 2 01-09-2005 08:33 AM
socket not sending or receiving data anuradha.k.r@sify.com Perl 0 02-24-2004 08:45 AM



Advertisments