Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hotmail e-mail

Hotmail e-mail

Stevie D

Hello,

I'm trying to set-up a hotmail account for the first time and I can't get
passed the e-mail address.

When I'm asked to type an e-mail address in is the form asking me (a) for
the e-mail address I want to use with this account, or (b) an already
existing e-mail address?

If the correct answer is (b) how can you create a hotmail e-mail address if
you don't already have an existing e-mail address?

I am aware that this may seem to be a stupid question but I can't work out
why I cant get past the e-mail address part of the form.

Any help appreciated,

Steve.

Liz

"Stevie D" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set-up a hotmail account for the first time and I can't get
> passed the e-mail address.
>
> When I'm asked to type an e-mail address in is the form asking me (a) for
> the e-mail address I want to use with this account, or (b) an already
> existing e-mail address?

Your Hotmail address.

How to Configure Outlook Express to Use a Hotmail Account

> If the correct answer is (b) how can you create a hotmail e-mail address if
> you don't already have an existing e-mail address?
>
> I am aware that this may seem to be a stupid question but I can't work out
> why I cant get past the e-mail address part of the form.
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> Steve.

Stevie D

Thanks for the help Liz but I'm not trying to set-up a hot mail account to
link to MS Outlook. Rather I'm trying to setup an account from scratch.

The pupose behind this is that I have to teach a group of over 60's who do
not own computer - and indeed many of whom have never used one before - how
they can send and retreive e-mail by using any computer with WWW access -
i.e. from an internet cafe or more likely a public library.

Steve.

"Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O%61b.1299$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Stevie D" wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to set-up a hotmail account for the first time and I can't

get
> > passed the e-mail address.
> >
> > When I'm asked to type an e-mail address in is the form asking me (a)

for
> > the e-mail address I want to use with this account, or (b) an already
> > existing e-mail address?

> Your Hotmail address.
>
> How to Configure Outlook Express to Use a Hotmail Account
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;220852
>

> > If the correct answer is (b) how can you create a hotmail e-mail address

if
> > you don't already have an existing e-mail address?
> >
> > I am aware that this may seem to be a stupid question but I can't work

out
> > why I cant get past the e-mail address part of the form.
> >
> > Any help appreciated,
> >
> > Steve.

Sentient Fluid

"Stevie D" <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:bi2t61$thq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set-up a hotmail account for the first time and I can't get
> passed the e-mail address.
>
> When I'm asked to type an e-mail address in is the form asking me (a) for
> the e-mail address I want to use with this account, or (b) an already
> existing e-mail address?
>
> If the correct answer is (b) how can you create a hotmail e-mail address

if
> you don't already have an existing e-mail address?
>
> I am aware that this may seem to be a stupid question but I can't work out
> why I cant get past the e-mail address part of the form.
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> Steve.

Steve.

I assume that you mean you are actually trying to open a new hotmail
account. If this is the case then the form is asking you for the hotmail
address that you WANT to have. So the answer is a).

Once you have the Hotmail account that you want, then you would go on to
Liz's suggestions.

If I'm wrong about what you were tryign to do, let me know.

Ionizer

It has been a while since I set up a hotmail address, but the last time I
did it six months ago, I recall having a bit of a runaround trying to figure
out why my "new" address wasn't being accepted and why I kept finding myself
going in a loop back to the first page of the process. I can't recall
exactly how I broke out of the loop, but the problem did involve the fact
that my first choice for an address was already in use. Perhaps try a more
obscure name than your original choice for an address, or accept one of the
default suggestions if your original choice is in use. Or try Yahoo and see
if their mail account registration process is easier.

Regards,
Ian.

"Stevie D" <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:bi2t61$thq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set-up a hotmail account for the first time and I can't get
> passed the e-mail address.
>
> When I'm asked to type an e-mail address in is the form asking me (a) for
> the e-mail address I want to use with this account, or (b) an already
> existing e-mail address?
>
> If the correct answer is (b) how can you create a hotmail e-mail address

if
> you don't already have an existing e-mail address?
>
> I am aware that this may seem to be a stupid question but I can't work out
> why I cant get past the e-mail address part of the form.
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> Steve.

Liz

I have answered your question, Steve.

When you sign up for the first time, you need to create
a user name or whatever they call it these days.
for example: Steve101

So, when you are asked to type an e-mail address,
just enter *your hotmail address* http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

"Stevie D" <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> Thanks for the help Liz but I'm not trying to set-up a hot mail account to
> link to MS Outlook. Rather I'm trying to setup an account from scratch.
>
> The pupose behind this is that I have to teach a group of over 60's who do
> not own computer - and indeed many of whom have never used one before - how
> they can send and retreive e-mail by using any computer with WWW access -
> i.e. from an internet cafe or more likely a public library.
>
> Steve.
>

> "Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O%61b.1299$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Stevie D" wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to set-up a hotmail account for the first time and I can't

> get
> > > passed the e-mail address.
> > >
> > > When I'm asked to type an e-mail address in is the form asking me (a)

> for
> > > the e-mail address I want to use with this account, or (b) an already
> > > existing e-mail address?

> > Your Hotmail address.
> >
> > How to Configure Outlook Express to Use a Hotmail Account
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;220852
> >

> > > If the correct answer is (b) how can you create a hotmail e-mail address

> if
> > > you don't already have an existing e-mail address?
> > >
> > > I am aware that this may seem to be a stupid question but I can't work

> out
> > > why I cant get past the e-mail address part of the form.
> > >
> > > Any help appreciated,
> > >
> > > Steve.

why?

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:20:07 GMT, Liz wrote:

>I have answered your question, Steve.
>
>When you sign up for the first time, you need to create
>a user name or whatever they call it these days.
>for example: Steve101
>
>So, when you are asked to type an e-mail address,
>just enter *your hotmail address*

<snipped email addy>

Pretty non funny if a real user has the snipped address, they may start
getting a lot of spam.

>"Stevie D" <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>> Thanks for the help Liz but I'm not trying to set-up a hot mail account to
>> link to MS Outlook. Rather I'm trying to setup an account from scratch.

<snip>

Me

Stevie D

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions.

I finally did manage to setup an address - I think the problems I was having
were due to the address having alredy been taken as lonizer suggests.

If anyone from the hotmail administartion team should happen to resd this
thread - might I suggest that a message saying that the selected address is
already in use would be very helpful.

Steve

"Ionizer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bi3213$4evtb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> It has been a while since I set up a hotmail address, but the last time I
> did it six months ago, I recall having a bit of a runaround trying to

figure
> out why my "new" address wasn't being accepted and why I kept finding

myself
> going in a loop back to the first page of the process. I can't recall
> exactly how I broke out of the loop, but the problem did involve the fact
> that my first choice for an address was already in use. Perhaps try a

more
> obscure name than your original choice for an address, or accept one of

the
> default suggestions if your original choice is in use. Or try Yahoo and

see
> if their mail account registration process is easier.
>
> Regards,
> Ian.
>
> "Stevie D" <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> news:bi2t61$thq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to set-up a hotmail account for the first time and I can't

get
> > passed the e-mail address.
> >
> > When I'm asked to type an e-mail address in is the form asking me (a)

for
> > the e-mail address I want to use with this account, or (b) an already
> > existing e-mail address?
> >
> > If the correct answer is (b) how can you create a hotmail e-mail address

> if
> > you don't already have an existing e-mail address?
> >
> > I am aware that this may seem to be a stupid question but I can't work

out
> > why I cant get past the e-mail address part of the form.
> >
> > Any help appreciated,
> >
> > Steve.

Barry OGrady

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:44:24 +0100, "Stevie D" <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>Thanks for the help Liz but I'm not trying to set-up a hot mail account to
>link to MS Outlook. Rather I'm trying to setup an account from scratch.
>
>The pupose behind this is that I have to teach a group of over 60's who do
>not own computer - and indeed many of whom have never used one before - how
>they can send and retreive e-mail by using any computer with WWW access -
>i.e. from an internet cafe or more likely a public library.

You need to pick a name that is not already in use.

>Steve.
>

>"Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:O%61b.1299$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> "Stevie D" wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to set-up a hotmail account for the first time and I can't

>get
>> > passed the e-mail address.
>> >
>> > When I'm asked to type an e-mail address in is the form asking me (a)

>for
>> > the e-mail address I want to use with this account, or (b) an already
>> > existing e-mail address?

>> Your Hotmail address.
>>
>> How to Configure Outlook Express to Use a Hotmail Account
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;220852
>>

>> > If the correct answer is (b) how can you create a hotmail e-mail address

>if
>> > you don't already have an existing e-mail address?
>> >
>> > I am aware that this may seem to be a stupid question but I can't work

>out
>> > why I cant get past the e-mail address part of the form.
>> >
>> > Any help appreciated,
>> >
>> > Steve.

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

wireless and hotmail account =?Utf-8?B?VmxhZA==?= Wireless Networking 2 03-11-2005 05:55 PM
Hotmail popper - Hotmail => pop3 access <eom> Paul D.Smith ASP General 0 10-14-2004 01:05 PM
Hotmail under Mozilla [no-spam] Firefox 2 06-30-2004 02:07 PM
Hotmail clash LadySpudz Firefox 3 04-23-2004 08:36 AM
help regarding msn and hotmail in mail vc Firefox 6 04-03-2004 08:22 PM

Advertisments