Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ntuser.dat Problem. Still looking for solution

Ntuser.dat Problem. Still looking for solution

wwp

I need help with this WinXP Pro error message that keeps popping up on
opening Outlook Express 6: "Error deleting file or folder - Cannot delete
ntuser.dat: it is being used by another person or program."
However, on clicking OK, OE starts normally.

Thanks in advance.
Bill
--
To reply by e-mail take out the dog

Boomer

wwp said:

> I need help with this WinXP Pro error message that keeps popping
> up on opening Outlook Express 6: "Error deleting file or folder -
> Cannot delete ntuser.dat: it is being used by another person or
> program." However, on clicking OK, OE starts normally.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Bill

Hi

After reading this
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Oper..._20435621.html

You stated "Maybe I did something wrong..."
http://tinyurl.com/kqzo

What have you done to try and correct this?

Do you have more than one user account?

1st thread:
http://tinyurl.com/kqzy

why?

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:34:42 GMT, wwp wrote:

>I need help with this WinXP Pro error message that keeps popping up on
>opening Outlook Express 6: "Error deleting file or folder - Cannot delete
>ntuser.dat: it is being used by another person or program."

Still looking, so repeating the post for the 3rd time helps how?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?C30A14AA5
Date: 2003-08-13 23:31:36 PST
http://makeashorterlink.com/?K11A35AA5
Date: 2003-08-19 09:51:55 PST

If you are not happy with the previous suggestions or they did not work
try Microsoft, the MS newsgroups or , MVP websites?

<snip>
Me

why?

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:43:43 GMT, wwp wrote:

>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:34:42 GMT, wwp wrote:
>>
>> >I need help with this WinXP Pro error message that keeps popping up on
>> >opening Outlook Express 6: "Error deleting file or folder - Cannot

>delete
>> >ntuser.dat: it is being used by another person or program."

>> Still looking, so repeating the post for the 3rd time helps how?

>Think about it.

That's why I asked, what are you hoping for?
How many more posters have replied with an exact fix?

<snip>
>> If you are not happy with the previous suggestions or they did not work

See the line below, did you ......
>> try Microsoft, the MS newsgroups or , MVP websites?

Me

boikin boikin is offline
Junior Member

Make sure your logs (Application, Security, System) are cleared and set to overwrite as needed.